Chapter 12

(Y/N)'s POV
"Hey, bread," I say.
"Ah, (Y/N)! Why're you gracing me with your presence this time?" Brad smirks. I grab him by the shoulder and push him into a convenient, empty classroom. His eyes widen. He thinks I'm about to beat him up.
"Aight, I'm not gonna hurt you," I say. He immediately relaxes and returns to his usual cocky self. "I just wanna make sure you know not to mess with that new kid, Perrie, yeah?"
"Why're you so fuckin protective of her?" Bread asks.
"Cos she's my sisters friend and she's insecure as anything right now. Just don't be a dick to her, or fuckin try to get with her, k?"
"And why should I do that?" Bread asks.
"Because, Bread, if you don't, I'll beat you up, and you won't leave hospital for weeks." Bread nods meekly. "Go get that kid Zack,"
"You mean Zayn?"
"Yeah, whatever,"

Bread returns with Zayn quite quickly. He obviously doesn't want me to put him in hospital any time soon.
I tell Zayn effectively what I told Bread, but I'm not nearly as kind to him as I was to Bread.

"(Y/N)!" Jade runs to catch up with me in the hallway.
"Yeah?" I ask.
"Perrie says you helped her out yesterday after people were mean to her. I just wanna say, thank you so much. She's been so insecure and scared lately cos of the fuckbois and stuff but I think you really helped her."
"Yeah, well. I guess I'm not a dick all the time, eh?" I say.
"Why're you so interested in helping her out, anyway? Like, that stuff, the fight - and apparently you talked to Brad and Zayn about them being arseholes to her," Jade says.
"Cos she's your friend?" I say.
"You weren't too nice to Leigh when you first met her, I seem to recall," Jade says.
"That's cos she's annoooying," I say.
"If you say so," Jade says. "Anyway, see you at home." She goes through a door into her next class.
And now I'm dwelling on it. I surely don't like Perrie like that, right?