Chapter 11

(Y/N)'s POV
"(Y/N), come in," Mr Rashby beckons me into his office. I sit down, slouching in my chair. "Another fight, (Y/N)? Really?" I shrug. "What's your mum going to think?"
"She's gonna be very disappointed, obviously," I say. "She's probably going to point out that Jade's her favourite-"
"Rhetorical question, (Y/N)," Mr Rashby says. "Why'd you hit him?"
"He was being misogynistic. Talking about girls like possessions, treating them like they have no feelings," I say.
"And why did you beat him up? Why didn't you just talk to him?"
"You know me, sir. I can never help myself."
"You know what, (Y/N)? When I was your age, I'd probably have done the same thing as you. I could never control my anger - and I'm not a psychiatrist, but you just have to try and get a handle on your emotions. Be aware that you might be about to do something stupid that's going to get you in trouble. I know it's hard to do sometimes, but just try, alright?"
"Yes, sir," I say.
"Detention though. Monday, Wednesday and Friday - this week and next, starting today," Mr Rashby says.
"Ok," I say, slightly grudgingly.
"You can go now, and I hope not to see you in here for the same reason any time soon, ok?"
"Ok." I say, and Mr Rashby ushers me out of his office. Zayn pulls the finger at me as I start to head back to the cafeteria - and I reciprocate the gesture.

"(Y/N)!" Dinah notices me first. I sit down at the table and notice that just about everyone in the cafeteria is staring at me.
"How long's the detention for?" Lauren asks.
"Monday, Wednesday and Friday this week and next," I say.
"Sucks to be you," Jesy taunts.
"Fuck you," I say.

"And where have you been, missy?" My mam asks as I come into the kitchen, ravenous after spending an hour and a half in a classroom doing absolutely nothing - it's hard work.
"Uh-"
"The school called. Another fight? Honestly, (Y/N). You need to sort yourself out,"
"I know," I groan. "But it was for a good reason-"
"You can't justify beating someone up" my mam says.
"Mam, she was sticking up for my friend," Jade comes into the room. "The guy she beat up was being so misogynistic. I'd honestly have done the same thing if my arms weren't literal twigs." We all laugh.
"You're not off the hook just yet though, young lady. Mow the lawn before teatime, or I'll take away your phone for the week,"
"How come Jade never has to do physical labour when she does something bad?" I moan.
"When was the last time she was naughty, eh?" My mam looks at me pointedly. I go to the garage, and get out the lawn mower.

I've just finished mowing the lawns when I catch a glimpse of golden hair on the other side of the road. She looks like she's hurrying - and I think she's crying. I turn off the mower and start making my way to her.
"Perrie!" I yell. She looks over at me and seems to cry harder and walk faster. "What's up?" I ask once I've caught up to her. She ignores me. "Is it something I've done? Perrie, I want to help, but I can't unless you tell me what's up." Perrie suddenly stops walking and sits on someone's front lawn. She's crying harder than ever now. "Please, tell me what's wrong."
She sobs before speaking "I- I hate this place. No- noone l-likes me a-and I-i wanna g-go home," I put my arm around her and I feel her tensing.
"You know what?" I say. "I hate this place too, sometimes. I think most people here do at some point. But I can tell you, and trust me on this, so many people here like you. Jade is practically obsessed with you, honestly."
"B-but so many p-people a-are mean to m-me," Perrie says. "Like Z-zayn. I thought he was n-nice b-but he's n-not."
"That's the thing with people like him and Brea- Brad. They're massive show offs who only care about fucking any girls they can get their hands on. Don't pay attention to them, and don't give in to them."