Chapter 8

Perrie's POV
As I go into my bedroom, after finally getting back from court, I can't help but think that that was terrifying.
And, now everyone's going to know that I fancy (Y/N). The teasing's gonna start again. Maybe I'll even be bullied again. Then maybe they'll break my leg. Then I'm going to have to go back to physio. And she's gonna be there.
No. I can't deal with that. No. I'd rather be dead.

I collapse into a small ball in the corner of my bedroom, and tears start streaming down my face. I don't want to do it anymore. I don't want to live. I don't have a purpose. Jade and Leigh-Anne must just be faking friendliness. I don't have friends. Everyone hates me. I don't want to live. I don't. But I don't want to kill myself.
"Pez, hun!" my dad knocks on my bedroom door. "Dinner!" I ignore him, but he swings the door open. "Pez?" He notices what must be a very tear stained face, and rushes over to where I'm sat. "Pez, what is it? Are you OK? Is it your leg? Shall I call the doctor?" I shake my head. "Tell me Pez. Please, love."
"You- You w-wouldn't un-understand." I sob. He starts to stroke my hair, knowing that it gives me a sense of reassurance.
"I can try, love."
"E-everyone h-hates me." I say
"Oh Pez, no no no." Dad says, still stroking my hair. "They don't. What makes you think that?"
"I-I don't h-have any fr-friends."
"What about Jade and Leigh and them?"
"T-they're faking." I sob. "I-I'm sure."
"Oh, hun."

-A few days later-
(Y/N)'s POV
"OK, class!" Mr Merriweather claps his hands, shaking me from my intense thought, which was really just about what shoes I was gonna buy at the shops after school with the squad. Hey - just cause I'm a 'bad girl' doesn't mean I can't be fashionista-ey too. "We've got a new student!" A guy with gelled black hair walks in. He's wearing a leather jacket, a The 1975 t-shirt, ripped black jeans and flawlessly polished biker boots.
"Definitely gay," I mutter under my breath. "Or at least bi."
"D'ya wanna introduce yourself?" Mr Merriweather asks the guy.
"Sure." he nods. "Well, there's not much to know about me - my name's Zayn, I'm 16 - nearly 17.. Uh, The 1975 are my favourite band - that's about it, to be honest." He's definitely quite confident. 
"You can go and sit by.. (Y/N)." Mr Merriweather says and I raise my hand slightly to show Zayn who I am.
"Hey mate," I say. "I'm (Y/N)."
"Zayn - as you can probably tell from just then."
"Welcome to South Shields High. Yous can hang out with me and the gang - for now at least."
"Cool, thanks." he says, and we start to pay attention to the teacher again. I notice Perrie out of the corner of my eye. Her eyes are darting between Zayn and I - until she notices me noticing her. Then, Zayn notices me noticing Perrie noticing me noticing her. "Hey, (Y/N) - who's she?" Bisexual, then.
"Perrie. She's really shy - doesn't talk to anyone she doesn't have to. She's only been at this school for a month or so."
"D'you know what team she plays for?"
"She's straight, as far as I know."
"Score." Zayn mutters "Single?"
"Yup."
"(Y/N) - Zayn, stop chatting." Mr Merriweather says, and we return our focus to the lesson.