Chapter 4

(Y/N)'s POV
"Oh shit," I say "We need to get to class." 
"Or, we could just stay here..."
"Nah, I actually kind of want to go to music."
"You're no fun." she says "D'ya wanna come over after school? Maybe continue this?"
"Nah, Sel. I thought you knew I don't do relationships." I say as I pull my trousers up.
"What about Lauren?"
"We were only really together to make other people jealous. You know how much Brad and I hate each other, and Lauren had her eye on Camila. We're still friends though." I pull my t-shirt over my head
"Oh yeah, weren't Brad and Lauren together before?"
"Yup," I say as I slide my jacket over my shoulders, before shoving my shoes on and tying them up. "Bye Selena." I go out the door of the broom cupboard and race down the hallway toward Ms. Lovato's class.
"Sorry I'm late," I yell as I enter the classroom.
"Shush," Ms. Lovato says "Percussionists are over there, unless you want to come with me to sing."
"Oh cool," I say, following her into a room, in which there are 5 or 6 other students, including Leigh-Anne, Perrie and Lauren.

"Hey Pez," I sidle up to her
"Hi," she says uncomfortably, and shifts away from me
"Ha," Brad scoffs from across the room
"Oh, I didn't see you there, Bread. Why're you here? You must have gotten lost on your way to preschool."
"How clever, (Y/N). It must have taken you ages to think of that."
"It didn't take nearly as long as it does for you to get close to girls, only to get dumped within a week." He goes red.
"At least I actually can get close to girls." he says
"Why do you think I was late, Bread?"
"That's off topic," he says "but you probably got drunk last night with your little posse, so had a hangover."
"Actually, Bread, I was fucking the head cheerleader." I say, and notice him realising that arguing with me is a lost cause, and shut up.

"Right, guys." Ms. Lovato comes back into the room. "Get into a circle-" we all groan 
"Miss, we aren't 6." Leigh says
"Do it anyway," Ms. Lovato says "and we'll go around, saying why we want to sing - any aspirations that we might have, and why we enjoy singing. Lauren, you start."
"I want to sing because it's something that I really enjoy. Even more than I enjoy softball, which is saying something." it most certainly is. She's the captain of our school's best team. "Something that I'd love to do is go on X-Factor, and I enjoy singing because it's my... happy place? I dunno, but it takes me away from everything that's going on in the world." 
"My reasons are basically the same as Lauren's." Camila says, and blushes. "I love singing, and I want to go onto the X-Factor as well, and it's my happy place too." there's a couple of other people that go after Camila, before it's Brad's turn.
"I like singing, and me and my band The Vamps want to get famous and have lots of money. That's my reasons." we all snigger at his childish reasons.
"Wow, Bread." I say sarcastically. "How mature."

"Singing is basically my life," Leigh-Anne says. "I really want to go onto the X-Factor too, and it completely shuts out all the negative things in my life, and makes all the positive things kind of expand."
Then, it's Perrie's go. "I don't sing very often, to be honest. When I do, it's mostly in the shower." a couple of people snicker.
"Shut up guys," Ms. Lovato says "She's being honest, and that's what matters."
"At my old school, nothing very musical ever happened, so this is all kind of new to me." Perrie says, and before I know it, it's my turn.
"Uh, I really enjoy singing too, and I'd love to go on the X-Factor, BGT, the Voice; anything, really. It's almost my safe place, I s'pose."

A few minutes later, everyone's had their turn.

"Ok, so now we're going to find out everyone's vocal ranges." Ms. Lovato says. "Lauren, you come with me first." they go into a room with a piano, and shut the door. 
"I'm an Alto," Lauren says when she comes out of the room a few minutes later and sends Camila in.

"I'm a Soprano." Camila says as she comes back in.
"I'm a Tenor," Brad says after his turn (A/N I couldn't find his actual voice type so I used the highest common range for a guy)
"I'm a Soprano too," Leigh says when she comes in.
"I'm also a Soprano," Perrie says
"I'm an Alto too," I say when I come back through.

When the last person has come back through, Ms. Lovato hands us each different pieces of paper.
"Vocal exercises, according to your vocal ranges," she says. "Take them home and practice them. I'll see you on Thursday." 

I hope that you enjoyed this chapter, even though it's actually a piece of shit.
I'm not exactly sure whether or not the vocal ranges are actually the right ones or not, so yeah.