Chapter 21

I do not promote lying to your husband. See, never once did I force Zane to ever have sex with me, that would be rape, but, I did set the scene and the mood, and I did time it very well. And we're pregnant, again.

I know it's a rush but, I have been bit by the baby bug and I want another baby. I know Zane didn't want to hear it, the look on his face did hurt but his apology, it was golden.

What's more fun than one baby? Two of them. My babies. See, I'm hoping we're having a girl because I know he wants a father daughter relationship and for all that is right, a girl would be nice.

So for nice afternoon surprise, just to my husband of five... no... nope... yes, yes, five, yes we've been married for five, okay, I was kind of lost there for a second.

Let me try that again, my husband of... no, no, we were married... new years, right? What? Oh God, this is going to be a... rough moment. Six, six, we were married for six.

Jesus piece, I'm horrible. This pregnancy has me... mhm. Wow, six years? I believe, fuck it. Six years, if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. That's why I have a husband.

Anyways, I planned to take Archie by the office to surprise Zane. Take him out for lunch and just a quick lunch day out. So, I get Archie and I get dressed, and we're out the house. I strap him into his carseat, I make sure he's in, then I get in my side.

I start to backout of the driveway, ready to go when someone slams the back of the car where we go spinning until it goes black.

Open your eyes on three. One, two-,

Someone had hit me. I heard the impact, I saw us spinning. Now, I can hear him screaming, and I can hear the car hissing. When I open my eyes, I hear the sirens but they don't mean much. I can only hear my baby, I want to get out and get my baby.

I turn back to see him screaming in the mirror. "It's okay Archie, mommy's right here. I'm right, here." I stretch back to touch him but I can't. In the mirror he looks okay, he looks fine. My heart breaks because I want to reach him.

"That's my wife! That's my son! Let me through." That voice, my heart began to sow itself back together when I heard his voice. "Zane? Zane?" "Hey honey." I turn my head to my window to see a female firefighter.

"My baby, can you get my baby." "Of course, someone's picking him up right now." I turn around and I see a firefighter pick Archie up out of his seat and walk off.

"Does my husband have him?" "Yes he does. Let us get you out okay?" I had to get cut from my seat because my seatbelt had jammed and I was put on to a gurney where I was supposed to be taken to the hospital.

"Look sir, you can follow us to the hospital but we do need the space."

Zane grabbed my hand and planted a kiss on my forehead. "We'll be right behind you." "Okay."

I was rushed to the hospital to get checked out, and I hod to get a doctor to check on the baby. From the accident, I had fractured my wrist and my left leg was broken. I had whiplash but anything else? I was fine.

I was fine, and the baby was fine. We could still hear the tiny heartbeat. So, now I was in the hospital waiting for my family, and my baby. All this had happened too fast for me and being in the hospital wasn't like me.

I hated the hospital. I only went to the hospital for Archie's birth because if anything were to go wrong, I didn't want it to be where we were helpless and couldn't fix it.

After two hours alone, there's finally a knock on my door and a nurse who pokes her head in. "You have company." She opens the door to the first face I wake up to every morning and he looks like he's about to lose his mind.

Zane holds a sleeping Archie in his arms. I felt tears roll down my cheeks as I wrapped my arms around Zane and hugged him. I mean the rest of my family was there but, I wanted my baby and Zane handed me my baby.

I rested my finger in the palm of Archie's for him to wrap his little hand wrap around my finger. I kissed the top of his head, which not a single hair had been harmed, and I held my baby.

"Teddy, baby, you look, you look horrible." cried my mom walking to my side of the bed.

"I'm fine." I assure looking up at her.

"A broken leg isn't fine. Who did this? I can handle him." Starts Axel.

"I wouldn't do that to him. His day turned to hell really fast." said Zane moving my hair out my face.

"What happened?" asked my mom.

"He was driving his six-year-old to the hospital with his other kids and wife, his daughter was um, she was dying. She had passed out while walking down the stairs. She has stage three lung cancer and he was rushing her to the hospital. He said he swears he didn't see you,"

"Did you see him?" asked Axel. Shaking my head lightly, I look down at Archie. "I was looking the next way to see if any other cars were coming, I didn't think he was moving so fast."

"So, he was rushing to help his daughter when he nearly killed my family? Why shouldn't I kill him?" asked my dad.

"He's going to prison already, we do not need to solve all of our problems with murder. His wife and kids apologized, even his daughter apologized. He apologized, he knew he messed up. Wait, is the baby okay?" asked Zane turning to me. I smile up at him and nod my head.

"We're all fine." "Um, you were holding Archie. What do you mean the baby?" asked Theodora.

"Oh, oh. In about eight months, a new Stone will join our family. Hopefully a Veronica." I say looking up at my mom.

"Another kid? Isn't one enough?" asked my mom smiling at me.

"Ha-ha, you know you're happy." I smile. "Of course, after that one can you do another? I want five grandkids. You have to top me."

"We don't. We really don't. Two is more than enough." said Zane.

I knew after this baby I would want more. Having a big family like my parents, it was something I would kill for but, Archie and the baby would be only be sixteen going on seventeen months.

That's not exactly enough for us to add unto the bunch, and I know Zane would say whatever makes me happy but, I can see it hurts him. I know it kills him.

"Maybe when Archie's five. Not so soon, this is more than close enough."

"Okay, don't make him choose for you." said my mom glaring at Zane.

"I'm not, but, minus Zane there wouldn't be an Archie. So he has about 25% say in the matter of kids."

"Wait. You get seventy-five percent. That's a lot of say." Says Zane stepping back from me.

"I know, I know. But after all, I do carry the baby and then the baby is attached to me and all in all... I'm just the mother and your wife, so I have more say when it comes to our family. When do you say no to me?" Zane shook his head at me.

"Exactly, so... be happy I put a pause on baby making." "Making babies. We have to have one." said Helena looking at Axel. "I'll consider." sighed Axel.

"Once he didn't kill you and nephew, I'm fine." smiled Vance. "Aw, you care." I swoon.

"Shut up. I was going to invite you to lunch but, I'll just bring you a lunch tomorrow." smiled Vance.

"Archie and I were driving to surprise Zane at work but, tomorrow, I don't think I can move much for a while. An extra hand with him at home now would be really nice." "We'll all bunk up with you." smiled my mom.

"You don't have to do that." I say looking at Zane who was already shaking his head. "No, it's basically a big invite. We're coming over." said my mom walking out the room.

"No, no." whispered Zane.

"Big sleepover!"

Vote
Comment
Or
Both