Chapter 5

I'm sure it's terrifying meeting your boyfriend or girlfriends parents. I mean if my parents weren't my parents, I'd be scared of them.

My dad is a "6'2" man with dark brown hair and grey eyes. He has no problem with showing how much he can provide for our family of six.

He loves to make sure his wife is wearing the latest brands, his daughters have the best clothes, make-up, shoes, hairstyles, cars, jewelry, and basically anything they ask for.

Vance on the other hand, he has to work for everything when it comes to my dad. My mom will forever baby him, but in my dad's eyes, he needs to be a man.

I burst through the front door and towards the stairs. "Late much?" asked Vance not breaking his eyes from his phone screen. "Sexting much?" I ask looking unto his phone.

"Hey shut up." "Teddy? Honey is that you?" called my mom from the kitchen. "Yes mom, I'm sorry I'm running late. I'm going up to get dressed right now." I say turning the stairs. "You have forty-five minutes." "I know, oh," I poked my head around the corner and looked at my dad. "Zane's joining us for dinner, I invited him." "Who?"

I began to undress before I could close my bedroom door. I threw my clothes into my laundry basket and rushed into my clothes.

Formal, formal, formal, ah ha.

I pulled out a black, plunging v-line, m-slit dress. "Cute." I smile walking out my closet. I stepped into the shower for less than ten minutes, jumped out, got myself dressed, and applied my make-up for the last thirty minutes of my time.

I slipped on my black heels and made my way downstairs. "T-," started Theodora. "I'm here, I'm here," I say rushing down the stairs. "Your hair isn't."

I had left my hair in the two sad braids I had put them in when I was in Zane's car. "Hush," I say loosening out my hair. "You look good overall." smiled Helena. "Aww thank you." "For your boyfriend." "Zane is not my boyfriend."

"But you want him to be? I don't think I've seen him before, I'm intrigued." smiled Theodora. "Boyfriend? For Teddy? No, no, no. I forbid it. Vance has a girlfriend, Theo and Helena's have boyfriends? I need you to stay single for me." smiled my dad.

"Now why would I want to do that?" I ask turning to my dad. "Okay, everyone, the limo will be here in... a few moments, whoever isn't here by then, they'll have to drive." says my dad looking up from his watch to me. "I get it, dad." The door rang grabbing my attention.

Cliché, I'm all hyped about Zane when it isn't him. Would it be? "Ooh, is your boyfriend here?" asked Helena. "Would you stop it," I say opening the front door. Low and behold... there was Zane, all dressed up in a suit and tie. He wasn't handsome. He was hot. I didn't even notice my jaw drop open. "I know, I know I showed up on time for once in my life." "Is that Nick?" asked Vance. "No."

A sly smile appeared across Zane's face, he knew what I was thinking, he knew what he was doing. "Are you going to introduce me and let me in or... do I go home?" "No, no, no, come in. Sorry, I blanked out, you know I was thinking about school," I say opening that door wider.

"Keep saying that Teddy. It might work on someone." smiled Zane stepping into the house. I closed the door behind Zane and walked him into the living room. "Who was at the door? Your boyfriend?" asked Theodora.

Zane followed me into the living room and made Helena laugh. "Shut up." sighed Theodora. "Oh you owe me." laughed Helena.

"Guys this is Zane, Zane this is my dad, my mom, my sisters Theodora and Helena, and my little brother Vance." "Pleasure." smiled Zane. "Welcome to the Stone residence." smiled my dad. "Yes, and a huge thank you from our family to you, thank you for taking care of her when we couldn't." "Oh, you're very welcome."