Chapter 17

Teddy's POV

We had fallen asleep in the coffee shop, I had. Zane said unlike me, he could get a cup of coffee so he would keep watch. I woke up to him shaking my shoulder and telling me that Helena was in recovery.

We rushed over to the hospital to see Luca sitting next to her running his thumb over her hand while she looked down at him. Theodora glanced at me and shook her head.

"What?" I ask.

"You came." smiled Helena. "Yeah, Zane said Luca called." "I did." nodded Luca.

"Are you okay? Is the baby okay?"

"No, the baby died."

Then why the hell was she so happy. Drinking water and enjoying herself. Her baby is dead.

"Oh." I say sitting next to her. "Mhm. I was too tiny, I wasn't feeding her enough. It was a girl."

I grabbed my stomach and Helena turned to me with a smile. "No, don't worry," she put her hand on my stomach and smirked. "The fast you get rid of it, the less attracted you get."

What the fuck? I stood up and turned around.

"Hear me out. I had to get rid of her. She was... a mistake. A huge mistake. She had down-syndrome, her heart wasn't developing right, her body was developing right, the doctor even said she wasn't going to last a few moments out the womb. So before I could get attached, I had to let her go."

"You call me a killer and you did this?"

"I couldn't let myself hurt." "You murdered your own child." I push her hand off of me and got off her bed. "I did what was best."

"I don't want you in my house anymore." "It's okay, I'll move back in with dad." "Yeah you do that." "I won't harm you. I'm moving to New York anyways, a modeling agency called. They want to meet me. The baby, she was just holding us back, right babe?"

"Your shit will be on the curb."

"Mhm. Call when your in labor, I want to meet my niece or nephew."

Seven months later

Helena was... she was sick. She left and went to New York, got a divorce from Luca, and Luca moved right back in with me. Helena was better off living her life and I was doing mine.

She was even in the news for dating a musician. She was never going to admit it, but when she's older and in her midlife crisis, she'll see it. I stayed home with Theodora and my mom for a long time.

My dad, Axel, and Zane ran the business. It wasn't until I was six months I decided to go and see how the work place was holding up without me.

Zane's POV

I looked forward for today. April 24. The doctor was a bit off but, we're here and I'm ready to meet Veronica Lynn Stone.

We don't know the gender, but Teddy and I have been at war. We have two bedrooms. One's pink and girly and the next, you guessed it, she decorated it ready for a baby boy. But, it's very soothing. I hate that's she's right even before we can meet our baby.

There are two baby bags, one that says Veronica and that next says Archibald. She's been in labor for twenty-nine hours and she decided no pain medication and oh she's pissed she denied it all.

She's cursed me out, hit me, apologized, kissed me. She's been managing Angel and Devil.

It was us, her mom, and Theodora in the room. She was nine centimeters and she was so upset. The doctor worried many times that maybe the baby was distressed but she was pretty cool hanging out inside her mom.