Chapter 13

Teddy's POV

My eyes met three more pairs of brown eyes. "Hmm. I don't remember inviting you. I don't even remember sending you the invite."

"You didn't need to, your mom told me all about it. I wanted to stop by and see what was going on since I left, and it seems you are the queen aren't you?"

"Of course I am, do you expect me to sit and listen?" "Not being a queen wouldn't allow you to afford all of this." "Security." I order.
"What?" asked Vance.

The security guards in the living room made their way over to Vance, Theodora, Helena, and Luca.

"Take them to the study, don't let them out." "What? Wait."

I watched as the security guards lead them out of the living room.

I turn back to the group and I smile. "Let's discuss."

After the meeting I let everyone out the house besides my parents and Axel who was going to crash with us for the night. He's just an odd person who's clingy to Zane and me.

"Let them out Chad!" I call shutting the front door and hearing it lock behind me.

Their footsteps echo across the house as I made my way into the living room.

"How are we going to approach this?" whispered Zane resting his hand on my lower back. "Just back me up. They're going to hit me with all they have."

"Security is something new. Why are they here?" asked Vance walking into the living room.

"Well you haven't changed a bit. I thought five years would help." I sigh turning to face him. "And neither have you." I take a deep breath in and smile.

"Security is there because it's a big house with valuables. Oh, please don't take it personal, I had business."

"We don't but I do want to talk." smiled Luca.

"I haven't talked to any of you in five years and you all think it's okay to just walk up and ask for something, that's fucking priceless." "Can you give me a chance?" asked Luca.

His eye pleaded with mine. "Five minutes. They start now." "I need a job to support us."

"Mhm, who is us." "Helena, the baby, and I."

I freeze at the word baby. I turn to Zane and he looks as shocked as me.

"Stop, stop, stop. Baby?" I ask glaring at Helena. "Um-," started Luca.

"Times up. No, you can't work with me or for me or for us. There's nothing you can say that would make me change my mind."

"The baby. Zane, you understand right?" "No." "You guys aren't pregnant?" asked Vance. "I don't want kids yet." "Yeah a little later."

"Are you, you've been married five years." pointed out Helena. "I don't need a reminder. Unlike you four, I have a business to run. I'm looking our for the health of my child. Stress in this job would just do harm."

"We don't have much anymore." says Luca turning to me. "No shit. There's no other way you guys would come to my door. Which is a damn shame due to the fact that you're my family. Five years, it's been five years and not one call, e-mail, letter, message; yet you want me to give you a job? That's hilarious."

"We're family, we help each other out." continued Helena.

"Fuck all of you. Because if we were family we wouldn't talked, or I would've been invited to your wedding. Don't even say I never invited anyone. I was planning on allowing mom to plan mine for out fifth wedding anniversary, but I call, and dad says she'd be busy helping one of you out for the New Year. Because I wasn't changing dates for our anniversary, I had to forget all about my wedding."