Moving Day

Peter helped Happy load up the last of their boxes into the moving truck that Tony had hired, but because it would make the news if he did it, they had Pepper do it instead.

After the boxes were loaded Tony called Pepper to let them know.that he would follow the truck to the new house and wait for it to leave before he came in.

Pepper and Peter hopped into the big U-haul truck and they made their way to their new house and their new lives. It took quite sometime to get to the house, every so often Peter would look in the wind mirror to see Tony following them in a black Audi R8 Spyder, it was his favourite car. This made Peter smile inwardly.

After a good bit of time passed.they were pulling up to a big house in Queens, it was in a very quiet neighbourhood. The houses surrounding them were tidy houses with nicely trimmed grass.

Peter hopped out of the truck and helped Pepper out as well. The truck driver got out and helped them carry box after box into the house. The last thing to carry was the fridge which was too heavy for the man to lift. Peter waited until the man went to the bathroom before he used his super strength to lift the fridge into the kitchen.

The man came down from the bathroom and looked slightly confused when he saw the fridge in the kitchen, but he simply shrugged and gave a little salute to Pepper and a handshake to Peter before departing.

After a good half and hour the front door opened and Tony walked in with a smile on his face.

"Hello my beautiful wife and my super amazing son!" he proclaimed happily. Peter was perplexed by Tony's overly good mood. Then it was explained when Happy came in behind him, not in his usual suit but in a hoodie and sweat pants carrying bags of McDonald's for everyone.

He passed them to Peter, Pepper and Tony before taking his own. They all sat around the table in the kitchen laughing and joking around.

Tony then proclaimed that tonight they were going to have Ice-Cream and watch Star Wars, but only if everything was unpacked and sorted out. Needless to say Peter jumped from his seat and began carrying his boxes to his room.

Once Peter had everything upstairs he began his unpacking, he stacked his comic books on a bookshelf next to his wardrobe. He placed his school stuff on the bookshelf as well. All his clothing went into the wardrobe and then at the bottom of the box his Spider-Man suit, he hadn't worn it since he was told of May's condition. There were many theories floating around the news as to why Spider-Man hasn't been around, mainly because they think that Spider-Man is dead.

He sighed and threw his suit into the wardrobe, slamming it's door shut. He reached into the box for the final object it was a picture of him along with his Uncle Ben and his Aunt May. It was a photograph that was taken at the park on Peter's seventh Birthday, he wanted to go to the park so bad, it turned out to be one of his favourite Birthdays ever. The memory brought tears to his eyes.

He let them fall, they were tears of joy for the happy memory, but soon they became tears of sadness as he realised that they were both gone, gone to where Peter could not see them. To where Peter could not call upon them. They were once there for him no matter what but now. Now they were dead, and Perer was the only one left behind.

He let out a sob of sadness, he thought he had hidden his crying well. Tony and Pepper were in the next room unpacking.

Tony lifted his small statue of Iron-Man out of a box and placed it on the drawers next to the bed. Pepper rolled her eyes while inwardly laughing at the fact that his ego was so big. Definitely not as big as his IQ but still big enough.

Tony looked up when he thought he heard a noise. He heard it again.

"Pepper do you hear something?" he murmured to her. She paused for a second then she nodded.

"I think it's coming from Peter's room," she said under her breath. Tony nodded in agreement. The two slowly left their room and peered through Peter's door to see him sobbing over a photograph of his Aunt and Uncle. The two could hear him talking.

"Tony is really nice to me too, and Pepper is amazing as well, I really think you guys would have liked them especially you Uncle Ben," said Peter with a sob.

Tony looked at Pepper his heart broke for the kid. Pepper made to go into the room but Tony held out hus arm to stop her, she looks at him confused.

"He needs this Pepper," he whispered so that only she could hear him. She looked uncertain about it, then after a few moments she nodded.

"Alright we'll wait down stairs for him, when he is ready to come down, we'll be here for him," he murmured to her. She nodded leaving Peter alone with his grief, Tony soon followed her, but not before looking once more at him.

Peter simply sat on the floor of his room telling his Aunt and Uncle everything that had happened to him, he talked about Titan, about Aunt May passing away, about how there is a girl that he likes and he doesn't know if she likes him back, about Tony and Pepper...about everything. When he eventually finished he wiped the tears from his face, he felt a thousand times better now that he had a chance to express his emotions.

Peter stood up and placed the photograph on a prime place on his night stand. He smiled at it.

"Don't worry guys, I'll be a good son to Tony and Pepper," he says to the photo with a watery smile.

He exits his room making sure he didn't look like he was crying, and then went downstairs to find his adopted parents.

Tony sat in the living room along with Pepper the two were watching some television, when Peter walked in they turned it off and signalled him to join them on the couch.

Pepper pulled Peter into a hug and stroked his hair, they all sat in silence for a moment. A silence Peter would break.

"Thanks for not coming into my room guys," he whispered. Pepper looked at Tony surprised.

"Wait!? You knee we were out there?" Pepper asked in surprise.

Peter nodded a little while nuzzeling into Pepper a bit more, "Yeah, enhanced hearing. I could hear Tony talking."

Tony burst out laughing, Pepper smiled a little. Peter simply shrugged. After a few more moments of silence it was Tony's turn to break it.

"How bout we get that Ice-Cream son?" he asks. There is no response, he looks over to see Peter and Pepper both asleep holding each other. That sight brought a warm feeling to Tony's heart. He left the room for a few moments and when he returned he placed a blanket over his wife and son.