"ま, よかた." [Well, I'm glad.]

"Oh, don't start this again," Hoseok groaned audibly, but at the same time he couldn't repress the amused laugh that crawled its way out of his throat. Namjoon shot him an apologetic glance.

"Right, my bad," he spoke softly, then extended an arm in the direction of the seating area. "You're free to sit where you'd like. Unless you want me to escort y-"

"Yes, escort us," Seokjin blurted with the sole intention to amuse himself, but against his will the slightest hint of red touched the tips of his ears at the smile his comment earned him. Pursing his lips and putting on a smile of his own, Jin followed his escort to a nearby table, his redheaded friend walking shortly behind with a toothy grin. The moment the two were seated - Namjoon had so kindly pulled out the chairs for both of them - Seokjin took notice of his friend's cheeky expression, and as politely as possible he told their waiter they would need more time before ordering. So Namjoon left them with their menus.

Not two seconds passed. Hoseok cleared his throat conspicuously. In response, Seokjin leaned across the table to press a finger to his friend's lips to shut him up.

"Don't talk. Let me first." He pulled his hand away. "I have to reevaluate everything. One thing in particular."

"If you say your sexuality I'm gonna kill you, Jin. I've known you swung for the other team since-"

"I said don't talk. I gotta tell you something."

Curious, Hoseok paused, quirking an eyebrow at his friend whose eyes had followed Namjoon to a different part of the cafe.

"He's really hot - no, not just hot." Jin squinted. "Charming, too. That's a dangerous combination. I can handle looks, but the smile's too much. Also, his Japanese pronunciation is sexy. No, stop that. What am I saying? My pronunciation is sexy."

"Jinnie, stop." Hoseok couldn't hold his laughter this time. "That last part you can drop. Your panic filter is on again."

"Panic filter?" Furrowing his brow, Seokjin cocked his head to one side,   pouting and crossing his arms in protest of his friend's remark. "I don't have a panic filter." His eyes stole another glance at Namjoon. "Oh, the glasses, too..."

Not long after this was so breathlessly uttered under Seokjin's breath, who should return to their table but the charming waiter himself, notepad and ballpoint pen in hand as though fully expecting the two college boys to be ready with their orders. But alas, Jin's vocalized train of thought had occupied the spans of time that could have been used skimming the menus.

"Are you two ready, then?"

"Uh, yeah, of course."

"もちろん [of course]," Namjoon repeated. Seokjin looked up from the menu he had so hastily grabbed just in time to see the waiter smirk, but it was a cute smirk, which only made Jin flustered.

"Uh, H-Hobi, you order first."

Struggling to bite back his grin, Hoseok scanned the choices quickly and picked out the first thing that sounded appetizing to him at the moment. "Uhhhh, I'll have the spicy pork, aaaand dumplings, and milk tea."

Namjoon repeated the order back quietly as he jotted it down, then turned to face Jin. "And you?"

"Teriyaki chicken, white rice, and an espresso, please."

"Jin, you don't like espresso."

"Oh, that's right." He cleared his throat and searched the drink options again. "Uh, then I'll just have water."

"Teriyaki chicken, white rice, and water, got it." Placing the pen in the spirals of his notepad, Namjoon assured the two boys he would be back with their orders as soon as possible. And he left. Hoseok and Seokjin watched in silence until he had disappeared from their sight completely. All the while, Hoseok was slowly, subtly leaning across the table so that he could whisper in his friend's ear.