Chapter Twenty Two ~ Mother

Taehyung

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Taehyung.

Taehyung was furious, how could his mother do this without even warning him.

"I'm not going." He seethed as Jimin lay across the bed watching him have his mini meltdown.

"Tae you've got no choice, if you don't go then your mother will only make things difficult for you."

"So you suggest I go?! I'm not having lunch with some girl my mother wants me to potentially marry! I don't even know her, she's the daughter of some hot shot CEO and the only reason they're forcing this union is because it'll look good. I don't want to meet her, Y/N is the one I want and things are finally looking promising."

Taehyung's day had been perfect, his first date with Y/N the previous evening was nothing short of amazing and after taking her out to breakfast this morning and constantly thinking about her all day at work he couldn't wait to see her again later but now his happy mood was soured by what his mother expected him to do tomorrow. 

"Taehyung all I'm saying is that you should go and just be honest, politely express to your mother and this girl she expects you to marry that it's not going to happen and that you've met someone else."

"I'm not telling her about Y/N." Taehyung frowned as he paced the room, Jimin couldn't help but compare his friend to a lion stalking its cage.

"Why not?" He questioned as his fingers pulled at the egyptian cotton sheets beneath him.

"My mother won't like her, she won't understand why someone like me is with someone like her and the last thing I want is for my mother to hurt Y/N.....I need to protect her from that."

"I can understand Taehyung but you can't protect her forever, if this relationship develops into something more and you consider marriage and children what happens then? Do you keep hiding it from your mother?"

"Of course not, obviously then she would have to know but we haven't reached that stage yet." Taehyung sat on the bed, eyes closing as his slender fingers rubbed his own temples.

"Go along with her plans for dinner tomorrow and be honest, put your foot down with her Taehyung and tell her that she doesn't get to control you anymore."

"It's not as easy as that, you know my mother and how she manipulates people." 

"I know which is why you've got the advantage Tae, you know what she's capable of so prepare yourself for every possible scenario." 

"I can't tell Y/N." Taehyung furrowed his brow, there was absolutely no way he would tell her about this.

"That's a bad idea Taehyung, if you're truly serious about wanting a committed relationship with her then honesty is paramount. Imagine if she finds out about the dinner.....it wouldn't look good that you were out on some date set up by your mother and kept it from her."

"I know but that's a risk I'm willing to take....Y/N knows little bits and pieces about how fucked up my family is but if she ever found out just how fucked up she would question wanting to be with me and that's the last thing I want."

"Look Taehyung, I can't tell you what to do....all I can offer you is my advice and support. I think it's a bad idea to keep this from Y/N but I can't force you to tell her, just don't come running to me when shit hits the fan."   

"It won't because I've got this all planned out, I'll meet with my mother tomorrow and put an end to this madness. Y/N will be working anyway so she'll be non the wiser and once I've finished with the dinner I'll pick her up from work for our date, easy as that."

Jimin frowned, it wasn't his place to dictate how his friend should handle his affairs but this didn't sit right with him.....a relationship required honesty.

"Taehyung it's your life and so it's your decision but personally I think you should be honest with Y/N, this won't end well if you're already hiding things from her."

Taehyung was tired and miserable, he knew Jimin was right but he was too much of a coward to tell her the truth. "I can't Jimin, this is for the best trust me on that. I don't want Y/N finding out just how fucked up my family is, she's too important to me and I can't lose her now."

Jimin knew it was pointless to argue so instead he gave a quick nod of his head. "Whatever you think is best Taehyung, it's your life and ultimately your decision."

Taehyung loosened his tie and headed for the bathroom, a long shower would help to clear his head.

He was doing the right thing.....wasn't he?      

Until There Was You ♡ Taehyung/Reader FF ♡ Slow Updates ♡जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें