Chapter Twenty Three ~ Dinner

Taehyung

Taehyung.

The girl sitting opposite him was beautiful, flawless and elegant but she wasn't Y/N.

"Taehyung darling, why don't you tell Amber about your new business venture."

Taehyung rolled his eyes, his mother was overbearing and completely clueless to the fact that this wasn't what he wanted.

He was expected to be the perfect son, well trained and obedient. If his mother clicked her fingers and said jump his reply should be, how high.

Fuck that.

He's lived by her rules all his life, never following his dreams and always pushed to do what she deemed appropriate for someone of his station and now this .....trying to control his future and who he should and shouldn't marry.

He wasn't ready for marriage yet, he cared for Y/N and wanted to see where this relationship could take them but love and everything that comes with it was a terrifying prospect for him.

He's never really experienced genuine love, everything with his family growing up was so fake....artificial and forced for those around them.

"The Kim family are such a devoted family."

He can't tell you how many times people have used that word to describe his family yet behind closed doors they don't see the constant arguments between husband and wife, the years of neglect and deceit. His family wasn't devoted to each other, they were merely devoted to the charade.....the illusion of a perfect family.

He was given everything a person could want from money to fame but one thing they never gave him was love, he wasn't a son to them....he was a chess piece in their twisted version of life.

He's got his friendships with the guys, they keep him grounded and focused and they've always been there to support each other, in reality they're the closest thing he's ever had in regards to family.

Then Y/N came along and everything changed, she made him see the world in a totally different light.

He wasn't used to people calling him out on my bullshit, all his life people have done whatever he's asked of them and she was the first to bring him back to reality.

For the first time in his life his priorities have changed, his friendship with Y/N grew to something more and now he's excited to see what happens next.

Jimin was right, he shouldn't have been dishonest with Y/N about his plans today.

He feels guilty and rightly so, their relationship shouldn't start with him already doing something which later could break them apart.

He raises a hand to silence his mother, her brow furrows.

"Amber you've been staring at your phone all through dinner, something tells me you don't want to be here and it's okay because I don't want to be here either."

"Taehyung!" His mother hisses, her long talon like nails sinking into his thigh but he refuses to let her win.

Amber and her mother seem stunned by his honesty, maybe they never expected Kim Taehyung to defy his mother.

"Truth is there's someone in my life who means a great deal to me, we're just starting our relationship but she makes me happy. I should be with her right now and not sitting here, I think you're beautiful Amber but you're simply not for me."

Taehyung turned to his mother and cocked a brow, she wants the perfect son but there's no such thing as perfect.

"Remove your claws from my leg please mother and from now on.....my life is my own." His lips twitch up at the corners as her face turns a bright shade of crimson, he's never seen such anger in her eyes and he's honestly surprised steam doesn't come out of her ears.

He paid for his share of the food before leaving the restaurant feeling ten times lighter, he doesn't know what took him so long to finally do what needed to be done.

He needed to see Y/N, he needed to make things right and tell her the truth and not just about the dinner but about everything and then he owed Jimin a drink or two for always having his back.

He was by his car when a message came through, something told him it was going to be his mother but what she sent chilled him to the bone

You'll regret embarrassing me Taehyung, no son of mine will get away with such disrespect. I'll find out who she is and ruin her, so I suggest you start following my rules or suffer the consequences.

What the hell.