Chapter Fifteen ~ Confession

Taehyung

Taehyung.

Taehyung makes them both tea, not yet ready to start this conversation with Y/N.

It was definitely tense and extremely awkward, was the reason she cried something to do with him?

He looks across at her as she moves around nervously, fingertips drumming across the table surface and he can't help  but chuckle at the way her adorable lips form a distressed  pout. He knows that expression, the way her brows furrow, he's well aware she's thinking of what to say, the awkward atmosphere getting too much for her.

He moves across to the table, placing her cup down.

"I want to know why you're so upset."

He finally breaks the silence, asking his first question.

"How much did you see? How much did you hear?" Y/N responds to his question with one of her own as Taehyung takes the seat opposite.

"I didn't hear much, just you crying and Miles trying to comfort you."

Y/N nods, bringing her cup closer to those full lips.

"Now please answer my question, why are you so upset?"

He can sense her hesitation, whatever is upsetting her is obviously difficult for her to talk about.

"I'm confused with my feelings for you." Y/N lowers her head after the confession.

His heart races.

He can't help but smile, it's a relief to hear she feels the same.

He hasn't lost her.

He can fix this.

Y/N.

She finally confessed.

She was so scared.

Scared of rejection.

Scared of losing him.

She felt her heart race....he was taking far too long to answer.

She shouldn't have said anything, this wasn't a good idea.

"Look Tae, you don't have to say anything. I know you don't feel the same way, just forget this even happened okay?"

"I can't do that."

She frowns. "Why?"

"I feel the same."

Her heart drops, was he messing with her?

"I don't believe you." She scoffs, nervously sipping her tea.

Kim Taehyung liking her was a ridiculous notion.

Taehyung sighs. "Why is that so hard for you to believe?"