Return to me

I was awoke to falling out the car door. Carter opened it and let me fall to the freezing cement. I groan slobbishly and wipe my face. Adjusting to the change in temperature from the car to out here. I look up to Carter's face.

"Get in the fucking house." He commands keeping his hand on the car door.

I didn't respond but got up doing as he says. I was tired anyways, I get up to the porch then suddenly feel the need to stay away from the place.

"No.." I mumble quietly. I stood frozen on the porch staring at the door.

"Go it's unlocked." Carter commands again.

"I said no!" I zip around shoving right into him trying to run past him.

He held around me with a strong grip. He was agitated I yelled desperately trying to get out of his hands. So out of his agitation he threw me to the ground. I hit my head hard where I was bleeding. I whine softly and hold it.

"That's it! I don't know what to fucking do! After all these years..he..." Carter grew quiet for a moment as I recovered on the ground.

"He came back for you...Fuck." He exhales at me, pacing back and forth as a predator would.

I didn't say anything but held onto my head, cradling myself on the floor. I just wanted him to leave me alone. I just watched his feet pace as he pondered.
After a few moments he sighs and walks back over to me. He picks me up bridal style and carries me to the car. I was leaning my head on his arm, I just stared up at him. I wanted to cry but before I could the blood returns, it looked as though it was dripping all over him. I sigh painfully.

"Why can't you just let me go?" I ask softly.

Carter stops midway to the car. He moved his head up to the stars, just staring at them. He didn't stay that way for long. When he found his answer he tilted his head back down and looked off to the car.

"Would you let him go if he asked?"

My eye's fluttered from his question. He knew what my answer would've been. So I just lean my head against him closing my eyes trying to unsee the blood that appeared on anything I seen. It was becoming a nuisance.

"I know where to take you."

First month~

I was brought to an old job Carter said he interned at during college. He was the head honcho now that he had an outstanding career in his field. So he pulled some strings for me to stay. It was a children's home. Carter knew I loved children.
As coincidently..Jamie was there. She had a breakdown after she was brought home. She hurt her foster mother almost the same way Michael did his sister when he was younger. That story I remembered as soon as I heard what she did. I was worried for her. Carter thought it was a bad idea but he let her bunk with me. Given we both went through the same trauma at different stages in life.

We both suffered terrible nightmares. An older Hispanic lady would tend to Jamie, as Carter would with me as he did before. The first few weeks I'd deny his aid just out of spite of what he said. Deep down I knew I needed him. And I hated myself for it.

Second month~

Jamie didn't talk much almost not at all. It made me worry for her. More for her then myself. I selfishly kept hoping he'd come back for me..then I'd worry if he'd get sidetracked as he did with Laurie. Wanting to kill her. Again I was torn between what was good and what was bad.
On top of that I'd have fits of fear. This extensive fright from hallucinating blood on whatever I'd lay eyes upon without warning. In order to escape it I'd spend all day staring out the window.

Third, fourth, fifth month~

There came a point in time when Jamie stopped talking all together. She would try vocalizing but no noise would escape. Carter explained it was just some sort of trauma or healing of sort. I on the other hand grew worse as well..

Sixth month~

"Hey Audrey, Billy and Jamie are going to play ball. You want some fresh air as well?" Carter was behind me, too close for my comfort.

He broke my day dreaming. My only escape from this wretched room. Then the hallucinations returned, blood rolled down the window sill followed by more. Carters voice was a faint echo as I watched the blood slide to the ground. I grimace slightly.

"Get out.." I hissed.

"Audrey please.." his hand grazed my shoulder.

In my hallucination blood splatted onto my shoulder. My left eye twitch feeling it splat softly on my cheek. It was warm almost fresh. I became alerted as if I was in danger.

"I said get out!" I yelled whipping my arm behind me. I let myself fall to the floor from my chair.

"Audrey! Godammit!" He kneeled next to me.

"I don't want you! Get away from me!" I screech holding around myself. In a coaxing cradle allowing my hair blind me.

"You need to let it go..Audrey." Carter exhales shakily.

There was a long pause.

"He's not coming back."

I hid my face into my palms. Scooting away from him to against the wall just under the window I was staring out at. I knew from under my hand's that Carter had made his frustrated sigh into nothing before getting up. He stood there, most likely waiting for me to respond. I didn't..I just needed him to get out. He must have heard my mental plead, he left.
After the heavy wooden door slammed. I slowly lowered my hands examining the room if I was alone. Blood then started pouring out of all the walls. I quivered against the wall, then there was a violent splat of it onto the door. I whined sliding up the wall to the side of the window.
I rolled my head around to glance outside, resuming my daydreaming. As I did my reflection morphed into Michael's face.

"..Close to me..so..close to me.." a tear streaks down my right cheek.

"I would hold you..close to me.." I sang staggering.  

Seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, and eleventh month~

I started letting a lot of my pain go. It was tearing me apart, unless it already did. I found inner peace just remembering what I could a decade ago. Once Carter seen I was acting as myself again I was allowed to go out but only with a curfew with a minimum distance. I didn't complain I enjoyed being alone.
I'd sit around random places sketching what I seen or imagined. Most of it was of Michael of course..I just didn't want to forget him this time. Another reason was because every time I admired my own artwork the blood wouldn't appear on anything I seen. It was another escape. It felt like that was all I could do was try to escape reality, the reality of who I was. It was myself that I was trying to escape, even though I promised Freddy I wouldn't have.

Then the summer started dying. Leaves began transforming into many colors, decorations were gradually being put onto houses and lawns, then the talk started voluming up. People remembered of me.

"Crazy cunt! They should've killed you too!"

"Who helps a man kill innocent children?!"

"You are responsible for it too!"

"You'll burn in hell you delirious bitch!"

"You and that little girl will die for it!"

"I know..I know. I know! Stop! I know!"

Almost Halloween my readers! I'm so excited! This update has no Michael but I'm going to try and get another one out. I just don't want them to be shitty. Anyways I hoped you liked it and leave a comment!
See you next chapter :]
-FL