[11] Melancholy

He waited.

He had waited for the immortal's presence for far too long, he had forgotten when he last took care of himself.

It had been exactly five months and the albino had gotten sick of waiting for something that won't happen.

"I'm a mess." Tomura dryly laughed, running his hand through his hair. Just like his words, he was really a mess and so is his apartment. He had remembered too much fond memories of the time they spent together, he felt sick to the core whenever he remembered them.

"I'm a fool, believing him completely. Of course, he wouldn't return." Sighing, the male walked out of his apartment. He needed a breather from his thoughts. When was the last time he had went out?

Without a place in mind, the heartbroken man wandered aimlessly around time, the sky a purple hue, showing that the moon would be up soon.

He hadn't realized that he stepped inside a bar before snapping back to reality and examining his surroundings. He was in an old worn-down bar that looked like it was ready to collapse at any given time.

"Ah, welcome!" A bartender called out to him and ushered him to take a seat at the bar. There barely were any people, save for him, the bartender and a few musicians who were setting up their equipments.

"You look underaged. Should you really be here?" The unknown bartender asked him. He had short, raven hair and a pair of golden eyes. Stands at probably five foot eight and is around his mid-thirties, the NEET mentally noted.

"I'm twenty-two. Excuse you." The pale man snapped, glaring at the older figure. "A shot of whiskey, please."

The bartender only rose a brow at the man's answer. He really looked like he was at least seventeen. The ravenette took a glass and poured an orange substance before passing to the man. "I go by Kurogiri. Obviously I run this old, shabby bar."

"Hn. Shigaraki Tomura." The albino hummed before scanning the drink in front of him with his crimson orbs. "I didn't fucking order this." As if to prove his point, the childish male pushed the glass away, resembling a child who refused to eat their vegetables.

"Obviously you can't hold your drinks. You look like the type to be wasting his life drinking Mountain Dew and Pepsi instead of beer." Oh shit, he isn't wrong. Groaning, Tomura finally gave in and drank the orange juice before slamming the glass on the bar.

"Ah. They're finally done." Kurogiri smiled, pointing at the musicians that he noticed earlier. "The lead singer, Sako Atsuhiro." The older male sighed, before putting his head in his palms. "Goes by Mister Compress. He's my fiance."

Okay, he really didn't need to know about it, but whatever.

Up on melancholy hill
There's a plastic tree
Are you here with me
Just looking out on the day
Of another dream

Well you can't get what you want
But you can get me
So let's set out to sea
'Cause you are my medicine
When you're close to me

"So what's your story?" The ravenette asked, leaning onto the bar. "Everyone who's here got a story to tell."

"Well, to make it a summary, I was lied to." The male hesitated. He barely knew this bartender to let him know about his life, but he thought that it'd be great to hear an advice from someone. After all, he's blocked society for a long time.

So call in the submarines
'Round the world will go
Does anybody know her
If we're looking out on the day
Of another dream

If you can't get what you want
Then you come with me

"Well, someone promised me that they'd be there for me." Tomura mumbled, twiddling with his thumbs, a sign that showed his nervousness. "But they kinda...lied. Saying that promises were meant to be broken." The albino's crimson orbs stared hard on the wooden bartop. "Fast forward to a few weeks after, their younger brother came and told me that they were imprisoned by their father and was looking for a way out. They said they cherished our time together." The older male simply nodded, looking at the younger male's despaired state. A thick air of melancholy was surrounding the young adult.

Up on melancholy hill
Sits a manatee
Just looking out for the day
When you're close to me

"I'm pretty sure, whoever they are, they oh-so-badly miss you too." The ravenette comforted his customer. "OJ?" The bartender asked, ready to fill his customer's empty glass. All he got was a shake of a head and a few sniffles. So, he's the emotional one.

"So, what have we here?" The lead singer came up to the two, taking a seat beside the young adult. "Sako Atsuhiro, Mister Compress, those are my names, just call me whatever!" The brunette cheerfully introduced himself as he . The albino only stared at the male's hand as he jut out his hand.

"Shigaraki Tomura..." The male quietly mumbled before shaking the latter's hand.

"Not much of a talker, eh?" The singer asked only to be slapped upside the head by his fiance. "Leave the poor kid alone, Atsu. He's going through tough times."

"Hey, hey. Even if we just met, feel free to vent anything to either of us." Sako warmly smiled, sliding a calling card to the younger male.

"The next time I see you...We're going drinking. My treat, aight?" The brunette gave a thumbs up along with a large smile before softly patting the latter's shoulder.

"A-alright. I'll be on my way then." Tomura quietly stammered before making a bee-line towards the exit. "And...Thanks a lot you two." The NEET gave a small, barely noticeable smile before making his way back to his apartment.

Maybe, life without that hellspawn was better.

---
AUTHOR'S NOTES:
》1001 word count; major o o f;;; i went all out on this one;;;;;

ive been stuck in Gorillaz hell as of late send help《