Chapter 14: Weaponized

[ c h a p t e r  14 ]

Kelsey

I woke up in a hospital room with nobody but me in there. What happened? The last thing I remember was talking to Lydia before everything went black. I had no machines connected to me so I got up and left the room. Once I got out I saw Melissa, who instantly came to me.

"So you've wake up." She smiled to me.

"Yeah, but... What happened?" I asked confused.

"You just passed out. You had some fever," she put her hand in my forehead. "But now it seems that you're better." She said and I nodded. "Lydia took you here but she had to leave, tomorrow are the PSATs."

"Oh, yeah. I forgot." I give her a weak smile. "Wait, she took her PSAT in freshman."

Suddenly Derek came through the front door with Braeden in his arms.

"She's been shot! I think she's dying." He yelled.

*****

"Where's Lydia?" Kira said as we waited for the PSATs. I wasn't going to do it, I just went with they and then I'd leave.

"She's took it her freshman year." I replied to her.

"Does that mean I could have taken it some other time?" Malia looked at me.

"Malia, you studied harder for this than any of us." Scott told her.

"Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good." She refused.

"Well" Stiles corrected her.

"Well, what?" She asked.

"It's do well, not good."

"Oh, God!" She sighed.

"Okay, okay."

"You're doing this, because while we're trying not to die, we still need to live." Scott told her.

"If I survive high school, I'd like to go to college." I confessed. "A good college."

"It's only three hours." Kira said and we all looked at her. "We can survive three hours."

She said and the teachers, one of them my mom, started calling them. I just stayed out off the class, in the hall and I checked out my twitter notifications until my mother came back to the hall.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked her.

"Coach is late." She explained. "Do you know where he is?"

"In his office, I guess." I said. We went to his office and we found him, sick, and sleeping.

"Oh, no." My mother said. "Hey, get up." She whispered and the coach just groaned to her. "Oh, Bobby."

Bobby?

"Off the wagon at school? Coach, look at me. It's Natalie." She tried to wake him up but he just muttered. "Forget it." We both got out off his office.

"I'll bring him some coffee during one of the breaks." She told me. "You look pale, are you feeling well?" She said to me.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I'll just go out." I said and left outside, where I stood there waiting for my junior friends to finish their exams.

I was thinking about life when my phone started ringing and the screen light up with the name "Liam" on it. I picked up the phone and answer to my boyfriend.

"Hi." I said to the phone.

"Hi babe." He replied and I smiled. "I'm about to go for a ride, wanna come?" He asked me and I instantly felt guilty.