chapter 23: Mackenzie pov

I gave up punching him. I fell into his chest, balling his shirt into my fist. I sobbed and sobbed, my whole body shaking from it.
Even though 2 seconds ago I wanted him far away, I now wanted him closer. I pulled him towards me wrapping my arms around his neck and just letting him hold me.
It was the first time I realised he smelled of lemons. His sweet scent was comforting and relaxing and his body heat engulfed me, slowing down my sobs.
"You are so god damn Beautiful," he cursed, his thumb stoking my wet cheek.
I didn't know how to respond but somehow I leaned up, turned his head towards mine and planted my lips on his.
He was clearly shocked but he was able to take control in the situation and responded to my kiss.
Our lips moved in sync, a gentle, healing kiss that seemed to stop the world and took my breath away.
His hand cupped my cheek, cradling my head in his hands as he kissed me.
We pulled away and our noses stayed together and his emerald eyes poured into mine.
"You don't know how much that means to me, how much I've wanted to do that for so long," he whispered, his lips nearly touching mine again.
My eyes filled with tears again.
No one has ever made me feel so wanted and so loved. It was like he thought the world of me or I was someone who he cherished.
I felt so much love and peace for the first time in a long time and it was all down to Johnny.

try harder ( jenzie story )जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें