chapter 15: Mackenzie pov

As soon as I heard footsteps I sprang away from him and to the opposite side of the room. He looked confused and shocked by my sudden departure  from his lap but I couldn't dwell on it as there was a click at the door handle. The door swung open revealing Lauren; slightly windswept and flushed faced.
"So... what have you guys been doing?" Lauren smirked.
Before I could respond to the question I slipped out of the room, phone in hand and hands shaking.
"Kenz... wait!" Lauren called, but I already dashedto the front door. I dragged it open and ran home, my heart beating wildly in my chest.

                            ***

I decided the best way to handle johnny now, was to ignore him. I've only ever told one other person and she just laughed and called me a freak. I can't face going through that again; going though the embarrassment and hurt. It would just be too much.
Johnny came to pick me up this morning for school but, instead of getting in the car with him, I walked past it. I didn't listen to him saying I'll freeze my butt off, I just contiued walking.
When he tried to talk to me at my locker, I grabbed my books and rushed away.
I feel really stupid for telling him everything. I can't face the fact that he wants to help me and not just laugh. He called me beautiful, which is a lie. I'm not beautiful. I'm fat, ugly and stupid.
I felt sick as I changed for gym. I walked out of the changing rooms to see the whole class talking and chatting. Lauren was talking th Annie, ruby and Nadia. All Of them are nice girls but I hardly spoke to them and I didn't want to interrupt there conversation. I just stood to the back, lost in thought until someone came and stood beside me.
"If you think what you told me yesterday is going to make me not like you, your wrong. Mackenzie please look at me. Why are you ignoring me?" Johnny asked, desperately trying to get my attention.
The room slowly started to spin, my eyes clouded so everything was blurry and uneven. I knew it was because I hadn't ate today, it's always the same. This one hit me hard though, knocking a gasp out my mouth. Before  I could control myself everything went black...