chapter 20: johnnys pov

She curled herself up tight, hiding herself from me as I peeled my raincoat off of my back and rushed to her.
I found her balled up hand and entwined my hand with hers. She didn't even look up.
"Kenzie? Kenzie please talk to me," I whispered, my voice laced with worry.
She still didn't move. Her spine stuck out alarmingly through the thin blankets covering her and I didnt know what else to say or do.
I got up from nealying down, picked up her tiny frame, climbed back onto the bed with her tucked up on my knee.
She shifted her heard so it was rested on my chest and she lay a hand on my arm, these slight show of affection was enough to make me smile. I looked down at her face and kept the smile on my face.
She still had a feeding tube in and it still pumped food in even though kenzie says it hurts.
"When can I leave here? I promise I'll eat and drink and anything else they want me to do. I just want to leave," she whispered, looking up at me.
"I would give anything for u to be home but you can't," I mumbled running my hand through her long hair.
She pulled herself away from me and disappeared into the bathroom.
She came out with her hair pulled into a ponytail and her glasses pulled on.
She didn't say anything to me but I knew it was best if I went.
I left the room feeling angered and love all at once.