chapter 18: johnnys pov

"Its okay Mackenzie. He's not here, he's never coming back. I'm here for you, everyone is here for you. Look at me, Mackenzie. I'm not Mark," I whispered to her, my fingers gliding effortlessly through her hair. Her heart rate slowed and she burried her head into my chest.
"I'm fat. I'm fat. I'm fat," she mumbled, her head digging deeper in my chest.
"Listen to me Mackenzie. Your not fat. Your really thin. Too thin. But your so beautiful. Can you remember when we talked about this in my room? We are getting you better, you need to get better for your family and for me and Lauren. Don't give up," I continued whispering.
Her mumbling stopped as her eyes fixed on Me, looking both pained and relieved all at once.
"We are going to go grab some coffee and talk to her doctor, will you stay with her Johnny?" Her mom asked.
She must of picked up my name somewhere cause she seemed unsure when she said it.
I give her a solemn nod before everyone left the room.
"I'm scared, I don't want to die, don't let me die johnny," Mackenzie whispered.
"Your not going to die, over my dead body are you. You just need to eat because nobody is going to call you fat and if they do, you need realise that the only person that knows you is you and everyone who loves you love you for who you are," I smiled weakly as she looked down at herself.
" I look strange," she said sadly holding one of her spindly arms in her other.
"Not strange, just thin, too thin. The doctors are going to help you though and I'm going to help you," I held her arm and then her hand, entwining her fingers with mine.
"Why do you care? You barely know Me, and all you know me for is being a messed up girl who doesn't eat and looks a mess, so why do you care?" She asked finally looking up at me.
"I see past that. I see a happy, healthy, funny and unique girl being trapped by her thoughts and she wants to leave all that behind. Trust Me, I care so much about you that all that's going through my head right now is getting you better," I mumbled, staring into her eyes.
She just nodded as she collapsed into my chest again. She did try tugging at the feeding tube, saying it hurt her. I had to gently prise her fingers away, telling her she needs it she she can get better, which she instantly listened too. I need her to get better, I want her to get better.