Chapter 40: "Recuperation"

Start from the beginning

"And, we're done, perfecto!" Maia exclaimed as you looked in the mirror. "Nice. I like it. What a complete lewk." You chuckled and she patted your shoulder before sitting on the side of your bed. "Papyrus is gonna think you look cute as heck!" She exclaimed, then she paused, her lips curling into an evil grin. "But I have something to add to the possibility!" She spoke, jumping up and running to her bags, tearing through them before holding up a cat ear headband triumphantly into the air. "This'll go perfectly!" She remarked as she walked over.

You whined a bit, but complied and let her slide the headband on top of your head. "But now I look childish." You complained and Maia shook her head. "No, man. You look hella adorable in this. Papyrus will love it!" She assured you, and you became less hesitant. "Really?" You asked for reassurance and she nodded with an excited smirk. "Of course! Why wouldn't he?" She questioned, but before you could respond, your phone started to ring again.

"Oh joy, it'd better be something good this time." You grumbled as you walked to the dresser. "Me too. I'm almost ready to smack that detective for pestering you with bad news." Maia huffed, crossing her arms and leaning on one hip.

And well, thankfully, you were blessed with something good for once. The caller ID said none other than the 'honey-meister' himself. "Oh, thank God! It's Papyrus!" You squeaked as you snatched your phone up, answering it and placing it against your ear. "Ello~ it's (Y\N) speaking, do I have the pleasure of speaking with the honey-meister himself on this fine afternoon?" You asked, suppressing a giggle. You could hear Papyrus snicker on the other side of the line, his raspy chuckle making a huge smile form on your lips. "yes, yes you do. now bow to me, peasant!" He exclaimed, then cracked up laughing, you soon following after him.

After laughing for a good while, you both managed to clam down. "heh, sorry. i was callin' to say we're gonna be at your place soon. like, in... 8 minutes or so." Papyrus spoke, his tone calm. "Oh, gee. What a treat! Will you guys be visiting?" You asked, elation very obviously in your voice. "'course! sans and i are plannin' on visitin' a bit if that's good." Papyrus responded and you looked to Maia who looked hopeful. "Of course! You two are always welcome! Especially since I am feeling much better now." You replied. "ey, that kinda makes us bringin' ya chow pointless." Papyrus joked with a hearty chuckle. "guess sans and I will be eatin' dinner ourselves!" He playfully remarked and you heard Sans huff on the other line. "STOP SCARING HER, BROTHER! NO BEING SHALL STARVE TONIGHT! NOT UNDER MY WATCH! MWEH HEH HEH!" He exclaimed and Papyrus stifled a laugh. "dang, you're right, bro. sorry, (y/n). we'll make sure ya get plenty to eat as your body recuperates. oh, and i guess we can share with maia." He responded and Sans quickly interjected again. "MAIA CAN GET AS MUCH AS SHE WANTS. WE SHALL LET HER KNOW THAT, PAPY!" He grumbled and you laughed softly. "How adorable." You commented and Papyrus just responded with a humored "mmhm".

"Well, we can't wait to see you two! I'll let you go for now, but good luck getting me to stop talking once you get here." You joked with a giggle and he chuckled as well. "a'ite." He started, then paused. "cya gals in a second! ciao!" Papyrus responded before hanging up.

"What did Sans say about me?" Maia suddenly asked, a giant grin on her face which caused you to snort. "He was defending our right to eat, then went into specifics with you." You replied in amusement. "How precious! Wait, do I look okay?" Maia's countenance suddenly changed into one of nervousness as soon as it sank in that her crush was coming over. "You look better than okay, you look great!" You complimented your friend as you looked over her outfit for the day. She smiled at your compliment, chirping in response with a content "Thanks!".

Maia was dressed in a royal blue long sleeve tunic, black leggings and a pair of skinny brown boots that went just below her knee. The outfit definitely complimented her long blonde hair and you just knew in your heart that Sans would adore it.