20

Song of the Chapter - (Stronger, EXO)

Your POV

The next day, I sat in the passenger seat of Jin's car. I couldn't handle the heavy atmosphere in the car, so I looked at Jin and asked, "so, where exactly are we going? And why the long face?"

Jin sighed and hesitated before answering, "We're meeting Baekhyun at the usual café. He's... well, he's had a rough time."

"He died?" I blurted out, my eyes widening in shock.

Jin laughed and shook his head, "No, you idiot. Taeyeon dumped him," he explained.

"Oh," I nodded, looking in front before realization hit me, and I looked at Jin again, "she what?!"

My outburst caused Jin to brake abruptly, and I jerked forward in my seat, "what the hell was that for?"

Jin chuckled and looked at me, "sorry – traffic light," he said, pointing at the red light in front of us.

I crossed my arms, "how were you able to get your driver's license?" I mumbled, looking at Jin in disbelief.

^^^^^

When we arrived at the café Jin was talking about, we sat near the big window, facing the road. I looked around it with my arms crossed before looking at Jin, "wait, so, what is the purpose of me being here?"

Baekhyun arrived five minutes later, and I smiled at him, "hey Baek," I waved.

He returned the smile, but it didn't quite reach his eyes, and sat beside me, "hey," he greeted back; the usual brightness in his tone was absent.

Rose POV

Taeyeon, Nayeon, and I were on our way to our rendezvous with Jin and the boys. I smiled at Taeyeon, "what do you want to drink right now?" I asked, waiting for her answer.

She hummed and crossed her arms, leaning against her seat, "I feel like drinking something bitter today – iced americano it is," she answered with a bright smile.

I nodded, "nice choice," I said, getting excited for my first outing with Taeyeon and Nayeon – I'm used to going out with Jennie, Lisa, and Jisoo, so a different group of friends was a new experience.

After a few minutes, Nayeon looked at us, "we are here," she said before parking across the café. I looked at the building from the parking lot, and I could see Y/n, Jin, and Baekhyun talking and laughing – Baekhyun, though, was barely talking from the look of it.

Y/n caught my eyes, though – how his dimples appeared when he smiled or laughed made my heart race. They were contagious, and I found myself smiling when I saw him. I was snapped out of my thought when Taeyeon knocked on the window.

I turned my attention to her, standing outside the car, "aren't you coming?" she asked.

I nodded, "oh, right. My bad," I chuckled awkwardly before getting off Nayeon's car and walking with them to the café.

Once inside, we walked toward Y/n and the two boys. He looked at us, "hey guys," he smiled softly before getting up and walking toward me.

"Did I miss anything?" I asked, looking at Baekhyun, who was looking everywhere but Taeyeon.

Y/n hummed and shrugged, "well, you didn't miss anything, but you did miss someone, I presume?"

I looked at him, "am I?" I asked, eyeing him playfully – a minute later, we both laughed it off, "seriously?" I shook my head in disbelief.

He chuckled and cleared his throat, "sorry... that was... that was cheesy," he exclaimed. Not long after that, we turned our attention to Taeyeon and Baekhyun, who had moved two tables away from us.