5

Song of the Chapter - (Reset, Tiger J.K ft Jinshil)

Y/n POV

I let her continue drying my hair while I stared at the floor in silence. But it wasn't long before Chaeyoung started to talk about something I wasn't keen on answering.

"Y/n, be honest with me," she started before putting the towel away on the table. "Do you like me?"

I didn't know how to answer her. Instead, I got up from the chair and walked towards a bookshelf, trying to avoid the question by browsing the books.

"Tell me, Y/n."

Well, it seems like I can't avoid the question. I turned around to face her with arms crossed, "what makes you think I like you?"

Chaeyoung shrugged and sat on the chair, "I'm just curious. After all, you did say you missed me."

"Honestly, I don't know – if getting jealous of Chanyeol for being ableto talk to you almost all the time means I like you, then yes. I like you," Inodded and leaned against the bookshelf.

"Oh..."

I was scared when all I got as an answer was an 'oh' from Chaeyoung, but I played it cool and walked towards her, "I hope you finding out my feelings for you won't ruin our friendship – if we are even friends," I said and she looked at me, flashing a smile.

"Of course, Y/n. You are still my friends. Let's just pretend we never talked about this," she sighed.

"Already forgotten," I said, chuckling softly.

"Man, you are so lame," I heard my mom say from the door. I rolled my eyes and looked at her, making a face that says, 'not a good time to eavesdrop'.

My mom ignored me and entered the room anyways. "I made you guys some orange juice in case you get thirsty. There are biscuits too if you're hungry," she said before leaving the room, not before mouthing 'go get her, tiger!'

After my mom had left the room, Chaeyoung and I stared at each other awkwardly. Who wouldn't feel awkward when your mother saw you get rejected, right?

"I guess we can start now," I said after five minutes, and Chaeyoung agreed.

*5 hours later*

Five hours later, we were finally able to gather the information needed to work on our project – it wouldn't have taken that long if it wasn't because I got distracted by Jin and Baekhyun who face-timed me in the middle of my work. I looked at my watch and noticed that it was already twelve at midnight.

I turned to look at Chaeyoung, who was struggling to keep her eyes open. "Hey, why don't you get some rest? You looked tired," I said.

She looked at me, half awake before shaking her head. "No, I'm fine."

I sighed and got up from the floor, "you don't have to lie," I said to her before gently pulling her up. "It's obvious that you are not used to staying up late," I added. I pulled her along out of the room and to the second floor, where my room was at.

"Where are you taking me?" she asked as we walked along the hall. I didn't reply to her, and when we arrived at the door to my room, I looked at her, smiling softly. I opened the door and pulled her inside, "is this your room?"

I closed the door and led her to the bed, putting her down there before handing my phone to her. "Give me your mother's phone. I will let her know that you will be sleeping over... but would she be fine with it?" I said, afraid that it would sound weird since Chaeyoung is a girl, and I'm a boy.