10

Song of the Chapter - (Be With You, ATEEZ)

Rose POV

When Y/n suddenly hugged me, I was left speechless – and despite his warm embrace, I felt my shoulder getting wet. I assumed that he cried, but it got me worried.

"Are you okay, Y/n?" I asked. After he hugged me and cried, I started to get suspicious of him. "Don't tell me... you are moving away?"

"That's not it..." he answered with a shaky voice. "I just... I just need a shoulder to lean on right now," he added. This was the first time I heard him saying something that made him sound so vulnerable – it must've been a lot for him. He heard someone saying they hate him, and pretending to be okay with it – how can he withstand it?

We continued to hug for a few more minutes before the sky started rumbling. I looked at the sky, noticing that it was getting dark, which means that it was about to rain.

"We should get going," said Y/n as we broke the hug. He looked around us, taking a deep breath before taking my hand. "Let's go," he said as we hurried downhill. We decided not to hike further since we might just end up even deeper into the forest.

"Hey, slow down!" I told him as we were practically running downhill – it was scary since it was starting to rain.

"We can't!" Y/n answered without looking at me.

Chanyeol POV

As the rain falls even harder, I started to get worried. "Let's take a shelter first," Mr Yoo said as we went over to team A's site – it was a relief that the makeshift kitchen was able to fit us all.

"This guy..." I sighed, "if it weren't for him, they wouldn't be missing right now," I complained as I started to get worried about Chaeyoung. I looked at the other team A members and was shocked to see their unbothered looks.

I turned to face them and sighed, "aren't you guys worried about them?"

They looked at each other before Baekhyun answered, "why should we be worried?"

I scoffed at his answer, "what? Hey, what if they got injured – what if Chaeyoung got injured?"

"Don't worry, Y/n is there with her," said Nayeon as she tapped my shoulder. I shrugged her hand off before shooting them a glare.

Third Person POV

From afar, Chanyeol and the others saw Y/n piggybacking Chaeyoung. "Oh, there they are!" Shouted Sehun. Chanyeol immediately ran towards them. Y/n put Chaeyoung down and handed her bag to Chaeyoung.

After a few more minutes, Chanyeol and the others finally saw Y/n and Chaeyoung from afar – he was piggybacking her.

"Look! There they are!" shouted Sehun while pointing at them.

Chanyeol quickly ran towards them and right after Y/n put Chaeyoung down, Chanyeol pushed him.

"Hey, Kang Y/n!" he shouted before pushing him again – this time, Y/n fell to the ground. Y/n let out a soft groan as his back hit the ground. "What do you think you are doing?!" Chanyeol growled as he straddled Y/n on the ground. He was about to hit him when Chaeyoung intervened.

"Don't hit him, Chanyeol. He didn't do anything wrong," she exclaimed – her face was covered with her wet hair as she looked at Chanyeol. Y/n stayed on the ground while looking at him, pretending not to be affected by his action.

"Guys are you alright?" asked Mr Yoo as he approached them with an umbrella.

"I'm alright but Chaeyoung has a few wounds that need to be treated properly," Y/n help himself up.