8

Song of the Chapter - (I'm Not Okay, Kim Jaehwan)

After finishing the song, I looked at everyone as they stared at me. I cleared my throat, "thank you," I said before getting up from the ground. I left the group and returned to our tent, lying down on my sleeping pad while staring at the lantern a few meters away from me. I closed my eyes, trying to sleep, but Baekhyun and the others were too noisy that it was literally impossible for me to fall asleep.

After half an hour, the others entered the tent except for Hongbin, Nayeon, Jackson, Joy, Chaeyoung, and Sehun who were outside, tending to the barbecue grill. I looked at them and got up from my sleeping pad.

As soon as they sat down, Lisa clapped her hand, "guys, let's play truth or dare!" she suggested.

The others agreed to it, "how about you, Y/n?" asked Baekhyun, looking at me.

I looked at them before seeing Chaeyoung entering the tent. I cleared my throat and looked at Baekhyun and the others again, "sure, I will play," I said before going to sit beside Taemin.

"Alright then," Lisa looked at us before landing her eyes on Baekhyun, "let's start with you. Baekhyun, truth or dare?"

Baekhyun smugged and crossed his arms and looked at Lisa, "I choose dare," he said confidently.

Lisa nodded and thought for a while before clicking her fingers, "I bet you can't continue the game without letting go of Taeyeon's hand," she said, looking at Baekhyun and Taeyeon's hands.

Baekhyun looked at Taeyeon before looking back at Lisa, "who said I can't?" he said, hesitantly letting go of her hand. Taeyeon looked at him before scoffing. "It's my turn now," Baekhyun exclaimed before looking at me.

"Y/n," he called out with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and looked at him, hoping that he wouldn't ask me to do anything stupid. "Truth or dare?"

I looked around before clearing my throat, "I choose truth," I answered.

Baekhyun was about to open his mouth, but then someone interrupted him. "What do you think of me? Do you hate me?" I looked at the owner of the voice – it was Chaeyoung.

"You are not even in the game," I said, hoping it would help me avoid her question. I watched as she squeezed herself between Jisoo and Jennie before looking at me.

"Now I am in it. So, answer my question," she said, crossing her arms.

I heaved a long sigh before answering, "I don't hate you. I never did," I said, not looking at her. Everyone was quiet after that. "Alright then," I looked at Chaeyoung, "truth or dare?" I asked.

"I choose dare."

I gave it a thought before finally giving her a dare. "I dare you to..." everyone waited for me to finish my words – Jin in particular was smiling ear to ear. "I dare you to slap me. As hard as you can," I said and the smile on his face dropped. Taemin tapped my shoulder as I looked at him.

"Are you crazy? Why would you ask her to do that?" he whispered.

I ignored him and looked at Chaeyoung, waiting for her response. "And why should I do that?" she asked.

I shrugged and got up, "well, knowing well what I did last Friday, I assumed that you hate me. So, I'm giving you the chance to pay back with a slap," I replied. Chaeyoung thought about it and without saying anything, she got up and walked towards me.

I closed my eyes and waited for her to slap me. After a few seconds, I felt a stinging sensation on my left cheek, and my ear started ringing. I didn't expect her to have this much strength. As I opened my eyes and looked at Chaeyoung, I couldn't tell if she was satisfied, or not with the chance I gave her.