21

Flashback

It was your thirteenth birthday and your parents threw you a birthday party. Your classmates were invited and of course, the Jeon's were also there.

Jungkook's clad in a gray and white checkered polo over a white shirt. His hair's ruffled instead of clean and the watch around his wrist probably costs a lot.

He's really Mrs Jeon's son.

You've come to notice that he was avoiding you. Talks with him were short. He wouldn't look at you and he'd always leave you hangin.

You've noticed him spending most of his time with Kira too.

"Happy birthday sweetheart." Mrs Jeon greets you while giving you a tight hug. "It only seems like yesterday you were crying whenever I had to leave."

A blush surfaces on your face at the mention of that. Every birthday she tells you this.

"Tell you what, if you put on this dress, I'll buy a month worth supply of your favorite ice cream?"

"She already has a dress on, Yura."

Mrs Jeon pouts at your mother. "You know I've always wanted a daughter so let me have this. Here sweetheart, go inside and get changed."

You look at your mother and wait. She eventually sighs and nods her head causing a knowing smile to surface Mrs Jeon's features.

You bring the bag inside your room to change and after looking at the dress, you realize that if you wear this, you'll end up matching outfits with Jungkook.

End of Flashback

Intramural day has come. You're in the bleachers cheering for a volleyball team. Hazel's raising a huge banner with the number eight on it while Aimen's screaming at the top of her lungs.

In the last three days, Mrs Jeon returned with a healthy baby boy and called you over to help take care of him.

Jisung kept you company.

"Let's buy water. All this screaming's making my throat dry. Zel, we're going to the cafeteria, do you need anything?"

Still cheering, she shakes her head and Aimen locks her arm around yours and leads you away from excitement.

After purchasing the drinks, Aimen makes a quick stop at the restroom while you wait outside. Jungkook comes out from the boys' restroom just as she goes in. He's already wearing the attire for their game.

"Hey!"

He snatches a drink from your hand and gulps it all down before you can even stop him and then discards the empty bottle. You can't believe him.

You show your palm at him. "Pay up. That was Aimen's."

Rolling his eyes, he casually pulls his wallet out and hands you a bill. "You're watching the game later right?"

"Don't you have a smaller one?"

"Just keep the change." He says. "So the game?"