Love Don't Die Easy

Hi, everyone! Here's the next chapter. I'm sorry for the wait, but I've been busy. 

I hope you'll enjoy this chapter, which is centered around the Christmas episode of Season 3. And we all know how that ends. Please let me know what you think. 

I do not own "The Originals" only my Oc. 

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

"Kol? Is something wrong?" I asked, not liking the look on his face.

"I need to talk to you about something..." Kol said, and I could tell that he needed to talk with me.

I stepped out on the balcony, closing the doors behind us.

"Kol, what's going on?" I asked him, not liking the way he looked.

"I need you to tell me that I'm not crazy." Kol said without looking at me.

"Well... I'm not sure I can answer that with a straight face." I said, trying to be funny. But when Kol turned around, I could see it in his eyes... he was not in the mood to mess around.

"No... I'm not kidding right now, Amy." Kol snapped, and I could tell that he was not in the mood for jokes right now.

"Okay... Sit down and tell me what's bothering you." I said, patting on the seat next to me. Kol exhaled loudly, before sitting down. He looked lost in some way, and it was strange to see him like this.

"Kol... you're scaring me." I said, not knowing what else to say. When he didn't respond or say anything, I figured it was because he needed some time.

"It was over 400 years ago..." Kol finally managed to say after sitting outside with him the last 4 hours. "I wanted to go out terrorizing the town, but Elijah tried everything to stop me."

"Okay..." I said, not knowing what else to say.

"Elijah brought me to the first gathering of 'The Strix', and I hated every moment of it. Until I saw HER." Kol told me, and that gained my attention.

"I never allowed myself to fall in love. I saw it as a weakness, and I had seen what my brothers and sisters had endured over the years." Kol said, sitting down next to me.

"But the first time I saw Alice, something inside me snapped. She consumed me from the very first moment I saw her. She became my everything, and when she died, I became completely insane." Kol said, and I felt so bad for him. "Every thanksgiving has been hard ever since."

"Kol... I'm so sorry about this. I wish there's something I can do for you." I said, grabbing his hand.

"I saw her painting at the strix's party. I've been a mess ever since... But last night... I think I saw her... I caught a whiff of her scent, and it's not something I forget easily. I know I saw someone in the shadows, but she was gone before I could follow her." Kol told me, and I felt so bad for him.

"Do you think she's still alive?" I asked him.

"I don't know... Losing Alice is the worst I've ever experienced, so I don't dare hoping... but if it is... need you to help me find her." Kol plead me, and I've never seen him like this. He must've loved her so much.

"I promise I'll do my best to help you." I told him. Kol looked at me with tears in his eyes. I've never seen him this worked up before, and I hoped for his sake, that she was still alive... maybe the strix held her captive in some way. "And the answer to earlier... no, I don't think you're crazy."