All That You Can't Leave Behind

So please enjoy this chapter!

I do not own "The Originals", only my Oc.

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

All That You Can't Leave Behind 

Amy's p.o.v

It's been four days...

Four days in pure happiness and contentment. I had never felt this good in a long time. There is no way to describe the feeling of waking up and the first thing you see is the man you love and the daughter you love most in this cruel world, looking at you with the biggest smile on their faces. The way I feel when I look at Hope, is everything. There's no other way for me to describe it. I never felt better than I do right now. 

After our first night together with our daughter, both Nik and I decided to let my sister Hayley get the news about Hope being alive and Kol brought her out to us to meet Hope.

 Hayley looked stunned when she saw me with Hope and all she wanted to do was to cry. Cry out of happiness. It was a huge deal for us to include her in on these news but I wanted some other part of my family to know and Nik could compel her to forget if we wished too. Life was too damn good to even trying to believe it, Nik and I had not been this good since before we left Mystic Falls. This is where we were supposed to be.

I woke up on the fifth day and I found the space beside me empty. I immediately started to panic because of the loss of both my baby and Fiance beside me in bed. I ran out of my bedroom, only to find Nik sitting in the rocking chair in our nursery, feeding our daughter, telling her a story.

"Once upon a time, there was an evil king who only looked after himself and never cared for the people around him. That was until he met a girl that changed his way of thought. She was passionate, strong-headed and above all... Kind, stubborn and breathtakingly beautiful. The evil king only looked out for himself and didn't care much about others around him but one day, he finally met the girl that would change his life. This girl showed him that not everything has to be violent, she found a way to melt the king's frozen and broken heart. 

The King and the girl had their ups and downs but they had each other. Then one day, the king and his girl got the news about having a little baby and the king freaked out a little at the beginning but with a lot of patience from his future queen, he finally came to term about being a father. When the king found out they were having a little girl, he could not wait to see his little princess, holding her in his arms and giving her the best life has to offer. When he finally got to meet the little princess, the king had never seen anything as pure and beautiful in his time on earth. The princess looked just like her mother and the king had never been happier. But there were some evil men and women who wanted to make the king suffer and wanted to take the little princess away from him and his queen. To protect her, the king and queen sent their princess away so that she could be safe with the hope that one day she would return to them..."

"And I intend to keep that promise." I filled in, making my presence known. Hope let go of her bottle and focus her eyes on me with the biggest smile ever, milk flew everywhere. Nik only looked at me with adoration. "Sorry for interrupting you but I woke up without you in bed."

"No worries love, Hope woke up early and she was hungry. I didn't want to wake you." Nik said softly. I walked over to them and gave Nik a tender kiss before giving my daughter attention. "Good morning beautiful girl." I said softly. Hope squealed again before returning to her bottle. "You are amazing with her, do you know that?" Nik only smiled before returning his gaze on his daughter. I smiled before taking Hope out of his arms and sitting down on his lap. Both Hope and I sighed in content. Slowly, Hope fell asleep in my arms after finishing her bottle. I couldn't help but tearing up once more.