10| i shook hands with the devil himself

to himawarie_ for being a friend and a source of motivation, both on Wattpad and out of it

to himawarie_ for being a friend and a source of motivation, both on Wattpad and out of it. <3

|Chapter 10|

| i shook hands with the devil himself |

NICK glanced at the time on his watch.

Half past four.

In another thirty minutes, he could just leave this hellhole and go back ho -- Dale's place.

He could go back to Dale's place.

Nick's eyes fell on one of Charles Dickon's books placed on the shelf that was allocated for historical books. Maintaining his self-restraint and not ripping apart all the books in front of him, he roughly grabbed the stupid thing and placed it on the shelf for classics instead.

Idiots, he thought darkly. He was stuck in this stupid public library, doing the weekly hours his stupid probation officer had told him he needed to do, with these stupid books, and the stupid nerds who always had their Pinocchio-like noses stuck so high in the air, for at least three days a week -- and it never failed to get on his nerves.

Weren't those who came to the library often supposed to be smart or something? Or even organised? They should, at the very least, be able to fucking read the signs, right? When the goddamn plate said 'history', they should know not to go place a copy of David Copperfield on that very shelf.

Nick wanted to bang his head on the concrete repeatedly because of the utter stupidity the human race sometimes displayed. God, he was so sick of them. So goddamn sick of it all. Of everything.

His phone suddenly rang, piercing the bubble of silence that was wrapped around the library and a girl on the nearest table snapped her head up to him, a death glare in her eyes.

Yeah, my knees are literally shaking, Nick thought sarcastically before snorting to himself.

And then he also cursed himself for forgetting to put his phone on silent mode. He would have apologised if it was someone else within earshot. But it was this particular girl that seemed to worship the library, and Nick was so tired of seeing her stupid face every time he was here. Did she live in this freaking place? She was always glancing at him with distaste, sliding in a few condescending remarks every now and then, walking around like she had a stiff pole shoved so far up her--

Nick's phone began ringing again and he quickly answered it before somebody else chided him. "What?" he hissed into the phone, managing to keep his voice low but angry all the same.