Chapter 10

Percy Jackson

Roran had a hard time with the villagers when he got back, them being angered that they had to travel in barges, ships usually used for livestock and stuff. And Roran responds so simply, the villagers can't even begin to argue.

   "It's this or walk."

I had left camp after a brief conversation with Roran, stating that I would follow him and the barges, since I was a little sick of having to hide myself. I had no real excuse to leave them, other than the fact that hey, I can do whatever the Hades I want. Roran was skeptical, but he really couldn't do anything other than watch as I swaggered out of the camp and towards the ocean, and in turn, full sized Adurna.

   Upon reaching the ocean, I glanced around, making sure no one was there to see me diving into the rough ocean. When the coast was clear, I waded past the surf, and dived when I could no longer touch. The beating of the waves on the beach faded into the background as I felt my body respond to the ocean. I felt like I could fight for forever. The pale moonlight shined through the capping waves above, not that I ever needed it. I swam to thee depths, extending my conscious to find Adurna. She lay deeper in the ocean, not as deep as to disturb the deep sea monsters, but deep enough to be hidden from any passing ships.

Yo, Adurna! How are ya?!

I say, forcing the currents to push me around the looming backside of her back and tail, and towards the front of her head. Her eyes blink open sleepily, and she growls at me annoyed.

Perseus Achilles Jackson!!! I was trying to sleep you insufferable Fury! 

She growls, standing up and unfurling her wings. Clouds of bubbles rise around her, releasing trapped air she had carried with her from the surface. I smile sheepishly and wave.

Sorry! I was excited! We haven't been able to see each other, especially in your full form, since we met Roran and traveled through the Spine! I wanted to see you!

I said, pulling the 'seal in danger' look. She continued to have an angry face, before it crumbled seconds later, the force of my cuteness too much for her to bare. She snorts softly, and nudges me closer to her.

I know my little Sea Dragon. I missed you too. Now, lets both of us sleep. We embark on our long sea journey tomorrow, and I do not need to drag you around like a piece of dead meat.

I smile softly, and allowed her to curl around me.

Of course Adurna. I'm just happy to be with you...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, we set off under Roran and his crew, playing in the depths under the barges. We had no reason to race ahead, so we kept pace with them, playing tag, and training our abilities. Adurna had mastered the art of manipulating water, and I had moved on to ice. I could control all three, since I had been dragged to this world we had had nothing to do other than hone our abilities and bond. Not long after the ships had set off, alarms went off in Narda. Soon though, we were out of the cove, and racing towards where Roran had sent the villagers to be picked up. Me and Adurna ignored what was happening above though. Too content to spend our time together.

Hey Adurna, remember when you said you thought that Alagaësia was like earth, except for the fact that they had magic, so they never advanced? That's an interesting idea. I think you and Annabeth would get along well.

Well from what I have learned from your memories, the human race in general evolved very fast on Earth, adapting quickly to their environments and wants. They wanted to be the best, and as your nature you are curious. Magic Users here have everything normal mortals do back at earth, except none of it is technology. They have no need to evolve and adapt, to create and explore. So they are content, and don't believe they need anything else. That, I believe is the difference between Alagaësia and Earth.

And here is another example of a female being smarter than me! Then again, that doesn't seem to hard.

I muse, before quickly forming an icicle and poking Adurna. I turn tail, and flee, her angered roar echoing behind me.

PERSEUS!!! GET YOUR FROZEN ARSE OVER HERE!!!

I laugh, and form a snowball, throwing it at the fast approaching furious dragon. I turn around right as it smacks her between the eyes, stunning her enough to stop moving. I burst into laughter, rolling around in the water. Adurna snorts, then smiles, which is rather alarming, considering she has thousands of teeth in her mouth.

Oh, you have started a war my little Sea Dragon. Be prepared to loose!

She says, forming a snowball in her claws. She throws it at my still laughing body, smacking me in the head. I look at her in mock anger and betrayal, holding a hand over my heart.

Adurna! You have betrayed me! I thought you loved me!

I yelled through the mind link, before grinning and throwing an even bigger snowball at her. Quickly, I fled to a coral reef, forming a barrier of complete ice and snow to hide behind. Adurna does the same, and we engage in a complete and all out snowball war. I formed Ice men, trying out a new ability. I then forced them to animate, essentially giving me ice warriors who listened to my every command.

"Form snowballs, and throw them at Adurna! But don't hurt her! This is still a friendly match!" I shouted to my new army. I knew I was gonna regret using that much power tomorrow, but I was too caught up in the battle. Soon, I had twenty more snowballs joining the hurling I was doing to Adurna's fort. She retreated inside, and I held up my hand as a signal to stop. Everything was deathly silent, and I saw a new sheen of ice coat over her battered shelter. Suddenly, she burst out, roaring and flinging tons of snowballs at us.

"Blizzard! Attack! Subdue the Sea Dragon!" I shouted, grinning at Adurna's shocked face. We raced into battle, snowballs being flung from ten ice men behind the shelter, and out of a catapult Adurna built. Around me, I built a snow dragon, and attacked Adurna as that. We clashed together, shaking the ocean floor with our strength. We grabbled for the upper hand, talons clashing against hard scales. I backed away and flung my ice tail towards Adurna, catching her off guard. She stumbles back, the icicles shockingy cold against her scales. I pounced, shoving her backwards completely and standing over her,

I win!

I crowed, smiling my dragon jaws. Adurna snorts at my antics, before pushing me off anf rolling to her feet.

That you did, my little Sea Dragon. That you did. 

She says lovingly, glaring slightly at the fact that I did beat her. I smiled sheepishly, dispelling my ice dragon form. Blizzard and his troops charged in late, tackling Adurna. I laughed, before calling them off.

"Blizzard! It's ok! I already beat her. You guys can go patrol if you want." I said, gesturing around me. Blizzard, the first ice man I had created, nodded, and motioned for the others to follow him. Soon they disappeared into the gloom of the ocean.

We are advancing quickly in our training. That was impressive Percy.

Adurna compliments. I blush slightly, before defending her.

Your the one who built a gods to honest catapult in a minute!

I exclaim, motioning at the massive ice sculpture. She preens, and obviously taking my praise well.

Either way that was fun. Exactly what I needed, little Sea Dragon...

Yo Demigods!

Whats up?! Here's another chapter! 

I did a little of Percy and Adurna bonding, as well as giving you an idea of how much Percy's powers have increased in this magical world. Also, I was too lazy to write about boarding the ships and all that.... so this came to be!

Enjoy!

-Mitty