obsession | padme x fem! oc

Start from the beginning

"I hope I am not interrupting anything," Anakin acknowledged me, and my jaw clenched at his gaze. He grabbed Padmés hand and spun her around. She laughed, and for once I was upset to hear her beautiful laugh because it wasn't me who caused it.

"But you look gorgeous" he doted, and kissed her on the cheek.

My fists clenched and my teeth gritted against each other. I had conflicting feelings because of my strong hatred for Anakin, and my undying love for Padmé. I wanted nothing but for her to be happy, and I knew he wasn't fufiling everything she needed. It was torture watching her fall so deeply in love with him. I knew that she could be so much happier with somebody like me.

Sometimes I wondered how long it would take her to realize that.

///

"Beautiful night" I commented, walking out to the terrace where Padmé stood alone, gazing out at the never-ending sky of stars.

"Isn't it?" She leaned over the white mahogany railing, fiddling with a little leaf. I could tell by her tone that something was wrong.

"There is Something wrong. What is it?" I asked, leaning against the same railing. She just shook her head and threw the little leaf down, not making eye-contact with me.

"Its Ani." She said simply.

Yes!

"I worry about him. He is so reckless"

"He is a Jedi," i added, trying to persuade her point. "It is in their nature"

"Is it?" She chuckled "I thought Jedi were to be humble and peaceful, not running around causing ruckus," she rolled her eyes.

"He may never grow out of it" I said simply "boys will be boys forever. Some of them just don't grow into men."

"But he has to eventually, right?!" She cried, finally turning to face me. "He must one day learn that I want him here and not with Obi-Wan and his group of troublemakers" she became flustered, which I thought was adorable. "I mean, he must understand that I am a woman and I worry for my husband! He leaves without a second thought and I feel like he is so selfish!" Her words combined so quickly that I could barely understand what she was saying

"Padmé," i called, and she finally stopped her tangent, peering up at me "could it be possible that Anakin is perhaps-- having an affair?"

Of course he wasn't. I knew that, but Padmé didn't have to.

"An affair?" She furrowed her eyebrows "no. Not Ani"

"I don't wish it myself, but there is no other explanation for his late night escapes, is there?" I touched her shoulder lightly "I only want what is in your best interest. I want to keep you happy"

"Ari," her chin tucked slightly and she gave me a glare "you have been acting peculiar lately"

"I don't know what you're talking about" I returned, loving the way she was looking at me.

"You've been acting strange whenever Anakin is with me. . . like you are angry at him for some reason"

"Why would I be angry at the man who makes you happy?" I chuckled "isn't that a bit absurd?"

"No," she said, finally coming to the realization. "You have been acting strange around me too. You'll begin to say something inportant and then we're interrupted"

"Its unfortunate."

"So tell me." She pushed, taking a step closer to me until she was maybe a half foot away. "What have you been trying to tell me?"

I took a sharp breath. This was it. This was my time to tell her how much I loved her and have her listen to me.

"Padmé," I began, trying to word my phrases correctly. "I know its strange to hear me say this. . .and I know that I am no Jedi or Senator; but I truly, whole heartedly, love you"

She looked up at me, that little gleam in her eyes prominent.

"Ari, I love you too" she said, nonchalantly. "You are my best friend. You know that"

"No, it's a different kind of love," I tried to explain

"What do you mean?" She shook her head softly, literally oblivious

"Let me show you"

I leaned in, and I kissed her. I actually kissed her.

Her lips were soft and plush, like I had laid my own lips on a cloud of cotton candy layered in glittery lip gloss that tasted like chocolate abd cherries. Even her saliva was that of a goddesses, and I couldn't get enough of it. Now I was truly jealous of Anakin

And for a few seconds, she kissed back.

And then she pulled away.

"Ari, I can't do this" she stated

"Is it because I'm a girl? Or because you are married?"

"Its because I don't want to peruse the feelings I have for somebody other than ny husband" she finished, ans propped her hands against the railing once again.

"Feelings? You have feelings for me?"

"I can't descrive it to you." She looked away "but I know that I will fall in love with you if I don't end this now"

"Padmé,"

"I'm sorry, Ari. But you must leave me."