Old Lovers • Kylo Ren X Reader

You strut into Snoke's throne room suavely, unbothered by the dark radiance and the presence of the man you hadn't seen in almost six years.

Almost instantaneous with your arrival, the newfound Kylo Ren snapped his head around, expecting to see his rival General but instead finding the face of the girl he abandon so many years ago. You felt his anxiety peak and you smirked to yourself at the thought.

You waited to speak until you were closer to the Sith, side by side parallel to the man once known to you as Ben Solo. You felt his gaze on you that never softened, but you paid him no mind

"Master Snoke," you bowed respectfully. "It's an honor"

"Y/N L/N, I assume you have come on account of my apprentice" he gestured to the now fist-clenching Kylo.

You shot him a quick glance, before turning to the alien once again and nodding.

"Yes. I believe that you have taken on the wrong apprentice. Ben Solo lives on" you asserted, cocking one brow as you speculated Snoke's doubt

"And what is your evidence for such an . . . Accusation"

"My living self is proof." You turned and narrowed your eyes at Kylo, who had not taken his eyes off of you. " proof that Ben Solo did not have enough strength to murder his childhood love"

"I'll slaughter you" you heard him threaten, but you just chuckled, trying to contain the mix of emotions flooding through you

"He couldn't do it then, he won't do it now" you turned back to Snoke, who was seemingly taking your offer into account, so you continued on. "I am stronger. I'm more efficient with the Force and I am not tied down by childish crushes." You scoffed

Immediately you heard Kylo Ren's lightsaber ignite, and you saw the cherry blade out of the corner of your eye, but it did not phase you. Snoke shot him with his electricity, and Kylo fumbled to the ground.

You turned and watched his pathetic jerks in random directions as a few more electric shocks flew through him.

You knew Snoke would not just immediately take you on as his apprentice, so you were prepared for any given amount of time to wait. All you wanted was to make Ben Solo pay for what he did to you.

"I know your devotion. I can feel your strength --" he stopped abruptly, turning his head in a random direction and began pondering on about something "and I sense something that I had not previously seen in my apprentice"

You bit the edge of your tongue, gripping around the deep blue fabric of your cape as you began to get nervous. Behind you, Kylo Ren stood once again, but did not dare try to harm you anymore

"I see darkness; never-ending, incredible darkness" he turned back to you and you felt Kylo's heart sink. "And no light to meet it"

"She is unbalanced" Kylo's modulated static voice finally shot through "You chose me because I was a right balance of light forces and the darkness."

"And you have failed me." His white eyebrows furrowed as his voice raised "you let a powerful Jedi live. You showed her mercy when she deserved none"

You felt a smile against your cheeks.

"I left her!" Kylo shot back, pointing to you as if you were not there "I left her without a second thought." He looked at you again, making you feel completely exposed as if you were completely nude. "The only person I ever loved"

You bit your lip and turned away, still attempting to contain the anger, sadness, and longing. You did not want to appear weak in front of your soon to be Master.