pidge's night terror - part 2

WELCOME BACK!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
AND HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF 'PIDGES NIGHT TERROR'!

yes it has been one whoooole 365 days since part one of this was published holy shi-

when i published that chapter, i had 146 reads and now i have 8k........

*speechless*

THANK YOU AND I LOVE YOU ♡♡♡ THIS MEANS A LOT TO ME AND I REALLY HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A GREAT DAY AND PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND VALID AND DESERVE THE WORLD (also go drink some water) ♡♡♡

anyway, if you need a refresh, i recommend re-reading the chapter named 'pidge's night terror' because this chapter is completely based off of it.

shout out too @PaladinOfBlueJay and @LoganIsRelatable who who suggested i do a combination of texting and actual writing? i really appreciate it

it's a long chapter so prepare!

***

pidge was scared.

it is a different kind of scared from six nights ago.
that night was terrifying.

but now, she was just simply scared.

her night terror did shake her up to the point of having breakdowns over how utterly and completely petrifying the dream was every ten minutes.
and although she has almost completely gotten over it, her mind was still distracted by it.

she was currently sitting uncomfortably on lances bed because now just the thought of being in her bedroom made her mind wander.
lance had many springs that had broken in his mattress that just wouldn't stop poking and prodding at her bum. she kept complaining about it to lance every morning when he came to give her breakfast.

"lance, you need to inherit a new mattress."

"c'mon! i had the worst sleep last night because of that bloody thing!"

"if you don't get a new mattress soon, i'm gonna get 47 sporks and stab you in the shins with them."

and each and every time, lance would smile lightly and respond with "eventually".

because of pidge now staying in his room for a week or two, the whole routine changed for lance. he was so used to hopping into bed, and then an hour later, keith would sneak in and cuddle him comfortably under the warm duvet, ignoring the fact that the springs made laying down extremely uncomfortable, but they didn't mind too much.
then at 5am (an hour before everyone else woke up) keith would return to his own bedroom so he wouldn't get caught.

this is the reason why you would often find the two boys going to bed quite early, because in their logic, it meant that they'd spend more time together at night.

oh, to be in love.

it's a nice routine, but no body told keith that pidge was now occupying lances bedroom for a small while.

it's quite a funny story, actually.
lance helped pidge temporarily move to his room after keith decided he didn't want to risk missing out on training.