vi. you don't own me

ابدأ من البداية

Amanda smiled to him out of being sick of the petty argument this all had made itself become. "Last time I checked McFly, you had a girlfriend of your own who wasn't taking too kindly for how much you seem to care about my actions over hers—"

"Heather isn't a girlfriend, I'm just seeing her," He quickly corrected her.

"I'm going out on the date and you're not going to have a say in it this time-" The bell sounded and the pair turned to see Strickland soon calling out to students now late for their first class of the day as Amanda soon made her own way out as well, Marty standing in the center of the hall displeased. "I'm sorry."

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

THE SATURDAY NIGHT came around finally to the date itself. Being picked up by Dylan by his pickup truck and greeted by a bouquet of roses for her she assumed that her judgement on him must've not been entirely incorrect. Amanda also, in general, had a terrible time being able to actually admit when she could be wrong or not. It came along with her attitude, which was why Marty was genuinely concerned in the first place, but she had trouble trying to admit it.

The date was met with a dinner consisting of a well-deserved pizza with a drive up to the Twin Pines Mall local cinema that was only a short distance away from the main center of the city. Paying their tickets to a classic screening, Dylan kept her from seeing what the movie was all the way through taking their seats into the theater. "So, what's even playing then?"

"Creature from the Black Lagoon." Amanda laughed under her breath and nodded to move her shoulders into the seat comfortably. "C'mon it's a classic horror film."

"That, I can agree with you on; it's true." Dylan instead leaned out his arm to have her lift her head away to sit into his shoulder instead comfortable as the film slowly began on the screen. From this standpoint there wasn't anything that made him the villain the boys had played him out to be. Amanda was confident over her not assuming the worst of him and felt herself grow comfortable with the boy beside her.

Turning her head around to others on dates and noticing the many that were not, in fact, actually watching the movie itself caused for her to worry just a bit. Brushing this off, she turned back to the scene of the creature snatching the woman from beneath the water until noticing Dylan's grasp growing closer upon noticing everyone else. Assuming this was just nothing Amanda ignored it as best she could until feeling his hand turn her cheek up softly and kiss her.

Amanda parted just as fast to awkwardly laugh off the attempt made. "Sorry, I'd just much rather watch the movie."

He rolled his eyes at this, groaning in annoyance to take her aback in surprise. "And I'd much rather not watch the movie." Before getting a word in edgewise his lips met hers again, his hands tightening around her forcefully. In the back of the theatre more or less they were hidden away from anyone really staring. Feeling herself growing disgusted as his free hand tried pass up to underneath her top she shoved him off her while still having the chance to do so and before his hold could get anywhere else. "Hey! Amanda, I'm your ride home!"

"Not anymore!" Amanda called back, flipping a bird at him as she walked towards the exit in the back of the theatre where they were.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

RUNNING DOWN the street with the moon shrouded by the clouds in the sky, Amanda rushed through the suburban neighborhood despite the pain she had over having to do so. She couldn't bring herself to be there anymore, feeling sick over his touch lingering on her skin still even now. Coming across the familiar statues indicating the entrance of the neighborhood, the moonlight dimmed as the street lamps lit up as she ran past them.

Quietly opening the back gate she was aware of from doing this before, Amanda stifled anymore sounds as she found Marty's bedroom window and knocked persistently until he came up. Peeking past the curtains, he furrowed his brows before opening up his window. Finding Amanda barely catching her breath he was at a loss for words on how to react to this. "He was pushing things a bit too far and I didn't—" She choked on her breaths to have to recount it at all to him. "I was wrong."

"The bastard, where the hell is he?" Amanda began to sob once again, fully regretting putting herself this far into her own troubles. The sight of her this way made Marty soften his serious tone and only nodded silently to help her inside. Grasping onto him she hid herself into his chest to instead allow for the tears to be soaked up into his t-shirt.

"He said that that wasn't what he was."

"Hey, I've got you. I've always got you."

Brushing her hair out of her face, he wiped away her tears with rolling down out of assurance. Despite the first thing coming to mind being getting Dylan back for putting her through this in the first place, his main concern was to know she was okay. That she wouldn't let this hold her back for her own future choices. "One guy. That's all. Your judgement isn't going to be perfect with anyone and I—" Amanda raised her brows to him as he shook his head in regret over the arguments they'd been having. "I should know better than to be controlling you the way I was. You're your own person and I can't limit you. Not like you try to limit me and you can agree when I say I should be limited."

Amanda laughed at this and nodded to shut her eyes as he enveloped her in another hug. "Thanks, blue."

He let go of her immediately and groaned as she laughed hysterically. "I called you doe eyes as a joke, this can't be the nicknames we stick with."

"Nah, it's sticking." Amanda grinned proudly as he gave in and smiled along with her, nodding in agreement.

Helping her up Marty made his way over to his closet, grabbing his jacket to put over himself. "C'mon, I'll grab my dad's keys and I'll take you home myself." Stopping he gestured towards his room again. "Unless you wanna stay the night and you head back over to your place early tomorrow."

Smiling over the suggestion she shook her head. "You always take the floor, it makes me feel bad. I just wanna go home." He nodded and Amanda went over to take his hand for Marty to hear away. His brother, Dave, was the last one in the living room watching reruns of comedy specials and turned immediately to the sight of Marty walking her out. "You two?"

"NO!" The two friends said immediately, still holding hands as Marty grabbed the keys and turned to Dave. "Tell Dad Amanda needed a ride home and it's an emergency so I took the car, okay?" He only gave a thumbs up and turned back to the television while they made their way out to the small car.

Opening up the car door Amanda laughed for a moment at a small thought, Marty turning to her immediately. "What-"

"You know I've always got your back too, right?"

Marty smiled, winking to her. "Two of us against the world, doe eyes. Of course I do."