Fourteen

Sometime later, I was eating some cereal and my phone rang it was Stacey.

She sound sad, she spoke to me about all that had happened to her and Amanda, they got together and now Amanda broke up with her. It was great to talk to my best friend after this much time, I felt bad about her, but it was a surprise to know that she really liked girls. She never told me why exactly Amanda broke up with her so I did not want to put screws on her, so for her to feel better I decided to invite her to come with me to the competition. She could unlearn a little bit about Amanda, so I told her that we were leaving on Friday.

I had dinner with my mom and played a little with Sammie, I told my mom about the competition and she told me she would help me packing.

I couldn't even see the week pass by so quickly it was almost the competition day, and also Katya's test was about to happen, so I studied with her three times this week and looked like she was ready to do it.

- If you do not get an A in this test you will be dead, you are doing all correct here.

- At least an B-

- A B+! Do not forget to study a little more lately today, and take some sleep and everything will be all right.

- Okay I will promise. When are you leaving?

- Tomorrow, Stacey is coming at the morning.

- Hmmm okay.

- Text me after the test, okay? Now you better go.

- Can I give you something before you go?

- I am staying out for just two days! But you can. I knew what it was.

She leaned me against my front door and kissed me. I gave it back. She broke the kiss and said:

- Thank you for helping me. And then left without letting me say a thing.

I got back inside and could not help but think about her. I never did this or even thought about this but I thought that would be a good time.

- Mom...

- Yeah sweetie.

- I mean, you know, Stacey kinda likes this girl and the girl apparently likes her back but this girl already had like a lot of relationships and she doesn't feel really confident about what is going on between them, I just don't know how to help her. I am such a bitch but I think it was forceful.

- Well, what is the deal about having other relationship? I think the past is in the past and Stacey can really be wasting time not going further with her because of her own insecurities the only way to know if someone is going to be bad to you is unfortunately, trusting him or her, if you stop yourself from everything for being afraid. What will you do in life?

- I think you are right. Thanks mom.

- You are welcome sweetie. I never knew Stacey liked girls.

- Me either.

That really got me. I could not stop thinking about it so I decided to call Katya, just to check on her studies. Nothing above that...

- Hello, it's me.

- Hey baby, what are you doing?

- Ummm, nothing much, how about you?

- I was thinking about you.

- Really? Why?

- Because you are very intelligent.

- Oh, thank you... I could feel myself blush have you been studying?

- I have. I hope it works out.

- It will. Do you promise me you will call me after test?

- I do. She giggled. But why did you called me?

- Just to check on your studies.

- Don't you have to study as well?

- I do, I'll as soon as I hung up on you.

- Let me ask you, who is applying the test tomorrow? Since miss Headford is leaving with y'all nerds.

- It's Mr. Anderson. He is also a Math teacher.

- Hmmm okay.

- Don't try to cheat he is a picker, and also you studied you don't have to do that.

- I won't, don't worry.

- Okay, I have to go now...

- It's okay, baby. See you around.

- Bye.

So I got back to study a little bit more, and decided to go to sleep.

I woke up, messaged Stacey to make sure she was awake and thank god she did not overslept. I took my bag, put on the Mathlete uniform, ate a piece of the pancake my mom made me and waited for Stacey's mom to pick me up and head us to the school to meet with others.

As we were all waiting for the bus, I looked around to see if Katya was there but I couldn't see if she was or not, there was so many people.

- Are you looking for someone, Trix? Stacey askes curious

- I am not, I am just nervous.

Miss Headford arrived, we got in the bus, she checked to see if everybody was there so we left. It took one and a half hour to get there, on the way I was chatting with Stacey about some internet non-sense. However, I was worried about Katya. Almost time for her test, I hope she remembers everything. As it's only her and a few students taking the test, I think the teacher can probably just correct the tests right after.

We got at the hotel and me and Stacey got up, while the competition has not started yet we could do what we want but me and Stacey always loved hotels, I traveled with her family so many times when we were younger, hotels were just fun for us. Miss Headford asked that sometime later all the mathletes would meet up for a lunch and some instructions.

Stacey and I already putted some music on and started to jumping in the beds, it was so fun. But we had to stop so I could take a bath and then meet up with the others; there was a great bath tub but I did not turned it on because it would made me late, I putted back my uniform, tied my hair in a ponytail and left. Before I left I checked the time and thought that Katya may have already finished her test, so I called her, cellphones aren't allowed in the room so the worst can happen is the phone to ring on her locker.

I was hearing the calling phone for a while so I thought she may not have finished it yet, until it picks up.

- Hey, Baby. I said it first.

- Who is it? It was not Katya's voice.

- Who are you?

- Ginger... Trixie?

I hung up on her and turned my phone off. You know what fuck off I am not calling you again.