76. Unstable

After Iruka had left, you remained on the couch, watching as the boys occasionally walked by. Sasuke was packing for his training with Kakashi while Naruto and Kuro spent time together in the kitchen. You wished to be able to move and do something productive but your legs still weren't strong enough to do so. Letting out a sigh, you lent back and rested the book you were reading on your face, blocking out the light of the room around you. You could still hear Naruto and Kuro playing around while Sasuke remained silent. You hoped that Iruka would return soon so that he could help you around and stay by your side. In moments like these, where you felt weak, all you wanted was him to be there. 

The atmosphere in the house was calm but all changed when you heard a loud knock at the front door. You tried to get up but stopped yourself, remembering that your muscles had weakened. Getting injured wasn't ideal.

"Can someone please answer the door?!" you call out, hoping that one of the three boys would do so. Naruto responded with a loud 'yes' before running towards the door. You could hear the door open and then the faint murmur of people talking, one was Naruto but the other seemed unfamiliar from this distance. Naruto then came running into the living room, his eyes locking onto you immediately.

"There's an Anbu guy here to see you," he informs you. You sit up and send him a thankful smile.

"Please invite him inside, I still can't walk," you chuckle in a nervous tone. Without hesitation, the blonde went back to the door, returning a moment later with a man wearing a mask you hadn't seen in a while.

"Yamato," you greet, bowing your head. He bows in response.

"The Hokage summons you," he states. You let out a long sigh and rub your temples.

"Really? When does he need to see me?" You hoped that you would be able to wait until your muscles had regained their strength so you would be able to walk but that didn't seem to be the case at all. Yamato sighs before straightening his posture.

"Right away." You let out a quiet groan, headbutting the book which rested in your hands.

"Is something wrong?" he asks, his masked face tilting slightly to the side in confusion. Biting your lip, you gave a small nod.

"Yes actually, the muscles in my legs have weakened from the medication they gave me at the hospital so I can't move around." You hated to admit your temporary handicap but it was important that the messenger knew. Without a word, he approached you and knelt down beside the couch you were sitting on. He then turned so his back was facing you.

"If you are unable to move, I will be your mode of transport," he says with forced confidence. You happily took up the offer and got onto his back, wrapping your arms around his neck from behind as he adjusted to the new weight. His hands rested on the undersides of your knees to give your body support. Once he was ready the two of you made your way towards the front door.

"Naruto, Sasuke, Kuro!" you call, "I'm going to see the Hokage, I'll be back soon." The three boys called back their goodbyes before returning to what they were doing prior to your announcement.

Yamato carried you out of your house and through Konoha, using the rooves of building to get to the Hokage's mansion faster. It worked well since it only took a few minutes for the two of you to arrive, already having knocked on the Hokage's door, awaiting an answer. When you heard Lord Third's voice give permission, you both entered, looking odd since it wasn't common for someone to be piggy-backed into the room. The third Hokage nodded to a ninja standing beside his desk. Watching him, you saw that he had gotten you a chair so Yamato no longer had to hold you. The Anbu helped you into the chair and then left the room, it was only now that you noticed Iruka was there also. It was obvious that he knew of your presence but he hadn't looked up once, instead, his eyes stayed glued to the floor.