The Lizardettes

~Steve's POV~
After I dropped Nikki off at her apartment, I drove to Stark Industries and found Tony sitting at his desk.
"Should we talk about this or ignore it?"
"I took care of it. Just go back to doing missions for good ol' SHIELD and I'll take care of these jackasses from now on." Tony said with a strong sense of sarcasm.
"Keep me updated. It's about time I talk to Fury and see what's up." I get up and head for the door without saying goodbye. Tony had already gone back to talking to Jarvis about something anyway. I press the down button for the elevator and wait for the doors to open. When the doors glide open, I notice multiple men and a woman. I know I've seen that woman before, I think. As I get in the elevator and study her features, it hits me-she's Mary Jane.
"Hi." I say, simply trying to be polite. I seem to have startled her, because she exclaims "Oh!" And turns toward me.
"Sorry, I was daydreami-" She is interrupted by clang. I turn to see a fight between three men, one of which I recognize. His brown hair and eyes were undeniable. Yep, you guessed it. Peter Parker was fighting with all his might. I watched as the two men began to transform. First, their eyes turned a distinct shade of yellow and seemed to glow. Next, their skin began to peel leaving scaly, emerald skin it's wake. Knowing I had to help, I began to fight one of the creatures while Peter took care of the other.
"You're going to regret this." The creature snarled at me.
"Not as much as you will!" I exclaimed through clenched teeth, throwing a punch into the creatures face. He cocked back and attempted to hit me in the gut, but I deflected it and shoved him into the elevator wall, hitting the emergency button the process. The elevator slowed to a stop, and just as the automated voice began to explain emergency instructions, Peter sunk a small vial into the neck of the creature. His eyes fluttered close and he fell limp against the wall. His skin began to become smooth again, and his eyes seemed to peel away to reveal baby blues.
"Thanks." He said, sheepishly. "I didn't even realize you were Cap."
"That seems to be a reoccurring theme these days." I say with a chuckle, and shake his hand. "So what happened?"
"It's a vial my father made. These men were infected by the same thing that attacked Curt Conners. However, they got a separate strain. Therefore, I was forced to make a new serum to defend myself. I have to figure out what to do with them now that they are knocked out for a bit."
"Well, I won't keep you any longer from your work." I tap the emergency button and the elevator begins to descend. "I have a few things to deal with myself."
"Something that has to do with the Avengers?" Parker's eyes light up.
"I can't really tell you. I'm not even sure myself." I watch as his face falls. We all recognize the fact that Peter wants to join our group, but that isn't our decision. It's Fury's. Peter has enough on his plate as it is.
"Well, I'll catch up with you later." I say as the elevator doors open. "Make sure to not get caught in between the lizardettes." I wink and walk out the doors. I hear Parker laughing behind me, and I stop to say hello to Stella.
"What happened with the elevator?" She asks as I approach.
"Um, I guess it must have been a mechanical issue." She nods and hands me a small brown bag.
"I think you'll be interested in this. If at any time you and Nikki break up, bring it back to me. I don't think that will happen, but only the future will tell." I slowly nod, and say my goodbyes. I walk to the door and chuckle at Stella's protectiveness over her friend. I push the door open, and I spot a dark Suburban on the corner. Knowing the drill, I walk up to the car and speak the driver.
"Hey, Stan."
"Hey. Get in, Fury's got a mission."
I climb into the back of the vehicle. I open the small fridge and pull out a coke and smile when I see the label. ~Share a coke with Steve~
"You really went out of your way to get a coke with my name on it, didn't you Stan?"
"Yep. Oh, and your motorcycles in the back."
"Thanks." I lean back and begin to doze off as thoughts of Nikki take over my mind. I gladly let them take control, and there's only one thing I think of before the darkness takes control.
"She's beautiful."