"My apologies, mi'lady. I had not intention on scaring you."

"The scariest thing you can possibly do to me is either killing all my friends and family or popping up behind me without me knowing. You have accomplished the second one flawlessly. Please don't do the first one."

He nodded, transforming into a cat and jumping into the basket and looking ahead. Sebastian sauntered over to your bike, almost crushing the other cat within the container with the shopping bag and hopping inside after morphing himself into a feline. 

You strapped on your helmet (safety first! You learned that lesson the hard way) and took off, quite glad that the Stop and Shop was near your house. 

As you were riding peacefully, Claude and Sebastian made eye contact with each other.

Do you, by any chance, have feelings for this human?  Sebastian asked, passing the message with his eyes. The golden-eyed cat glared at him the somewhat smug looking one.

No way in hell. That's disgusting, he spat back, fur spiking up as you descended down a hill. What in the world gave you that idea?

I have my reasons, Sebastian hummed, a smirk forming on his face. If looks could kill, Sebastian would be dead ten times over. But it's not a good idea to fall in love. We do have to go back in about, what, three months?

I know that. I accept that as well. The future does seem interesting though,  he replied calmly, looking around at the different houses you cruised past. They sure were colorful and quite big. 

That's good. We can't afford to fall  in love.

I don't need to be lectured by the likes of you, Claude hissed, looking back at you. You felt eyes on you and smiled down at him before looking back up to the side of the road you were on. 

Meanwhile, Sebastian was lost in his own thoughts. Can't afford to fall in love. That's right, I can't afford to fall in love. How stupid am I?

(Y/n) is nothing more than a mere human. A cute, small human that I want to protect. No, what the HELL am I thinking?!

You arrived back at the house, pedaling into the garage and taking off your helmet with a sigh. Grabbing the bag, you walked inside and set them on the counter. "Hope you didn't lose your tea craving Ciel. Alois, if you want some I can make you some as well."

"I would love some tea right now dear," Grell piped up, walking into the kitchen with an exhausted look on his face. 

"Oh! You're home. William and Ronald are as well, no?" You asked. Grell shrugged.

"Will is somewhere while Ronny said he had to work a little later or something. I don't believe the Undertaker is around as well. Probably went to kill more people or something."

"Undertaker is not a killer. Well, I don't believe he is. Anyways, what kind of tea? We have Earl Gray, English Breakfast, and Sweet Peppermint. That's an odd arrangement," you pointed out. He walked over and picked up the Earl Gray, brushing his long red hair away from his lustrous green eyes. 

"This'll do. Thank you very much darling," he responded as the door opened, making his ears perk up. "Oh Bassy! You're back how wonderful!"

You giggled as he lunged at the disgusted demon, who fought him off his body while silently wondering why William wasn't around. You got to work making two mugs of tea. Ciel would surely want one, and Grell asked for one as well. Your wish is my command or whatever. 

"I wonder if Ciel and Alois would want to go to the party with me..." you muttered. Heavy footsteps were drawing near to you, making you sigh in relief. At least someone had the common decency to not pop up behind you all of a sudden.

"A party you say?" A flat voice asked. William pushed up his glasses. "What kind may I ask?"

"Oh! I guess it's a celebration for Jessica in a way. Uh... I mean Jack. My bad," you said with a smile. The black-haired reaper looked confused for a moment before sighing. 

"Well, I hope you stay safe (Y/n)," he replied, tail swishing from side to side. You turned on the tap and let the water pour into the two mugs that had small autumn leaves sprinkled onto them. 

Putting them in the microwave, you heated them up for two minutes and turned around, approaching William and petting his ears. A small blush formed on his face, pupils shrinking a bit. 

He hastily left without another word, making you frown. Did you do something wrong?

The microwave had stopped, making you whirl around to grab the tea quickly, trying not to burn your hand. You placed two teabags within the mugs and waited for the flavor to sink in.

"I hope you made your choice to embark on this... quest thing or whatever," Auna said, taking a sip of her never-ending coffee from her mug that said "Respect My Authoritah."

Ronald took a sip from his mug, looking at the goddess with a look of disbelief in his eyes. "Can't you just do it?"

"Nah. They'll drag me into different meetings and that kind of shit," she replied. Ronald glared at her, making her sigh. "I already tried. It didn't work. You need a team to do it. Even as a goddess, I can't do a lot. I really did try and I'm sorry."

"Well, an apology isn't going to cut it! What part did you get stuck at?" Ronald demanded. This made the lady tense up a little. 

"I-I can't tell you. And you're going to have to bring a mortal with you as well. I said three, but you can go with as many people. The more the better," she advised, her mug replenishing itself. 

Ronald took another gulp of coffee, the sun starting to go down on the chilly autumn day. Auna's eyes glowed a brilliant shade of dark blue within the dying sun, her hair glistening. Ronald couldn't lie, she was quite attractive. 

"I understand. Thank you," he replied, standing up. Now he needed a human to go with him as well?!

"No problem. Oh, here's your pay before I forget," she said, standing up and adjusting her large, blue shirt. She whipped out a check from her somewhat faded jeans with a smile. "You're a good worker, since you're the only worker. Have a nice rest of your day and remember: you have less than three months left."

It was September. Everyone was suppose to be gone by November, leaving (Y/n) alone. 

"I have to make her happy," Ronald mumbled, exiting the building and jumped onto the roof before heading home. "How the hell am I going to manage that?"