Uncomfortable Silence

Matt was strangely silent while you, Alois, Ciel, Jessica and him were on your way to school. The black-haired girl looked like she wanted to break the silence, but just stared down awkwardly at her purple Converse sneakers. Alois was holding your hand, not minding the silence while Ciel was lost in thought.

It was a tense moment, before you broke it. "Did we have science homework?"

Matt shook his head while Jessica replied with a soft "no." 

You swallowed and squeezed Alois's hand. He squeezed back harder, making your hand ache as you pulled it away. 

"Matt, I want to talk to you later so come over, okay?" You asked with a smile. "Also, you seem a little tight. Loosen up a bit!"

"That made no sense (Y/n)," Ciel mumbled, biting his lip. You rolled your eyes.

"Whatever!"

Matt's palms became sweaty. "I-ah, sorry. I'm busy-"

"Cut the crap. You're not busy at all. You texted us that you were free all week!" You snapped. Alois backed away a little. Matt's surprised expression faded into one of a sad look. 

"Okay, fine," he sighed, before going silent. Shit, she caught on. I don't know about the others though... didn't that green-eyed guy say something about living with her?

You all rounded the corner and headed into school as Austin and Brianna caught up.

"Judging by the looks on your faces, it was a silent walk today," Brianna commented with a silly grin. Matt flinched as you just shot her a weary smile. 

"Yeah. You're really good at sensing those thing," you replied with a nervous giggle. Brianna struck a pose (and almost hitting poor Austin) with a haughty laugh.

"You got that right! I am the AMAZING Brianna, and I know when my friends feel sad!" 

You looked over at Matt, who's cheeks were tinted with a light pink, making you smirk. 

The bell rang, and your group headed into the school, chatting like nothing happened during the silent, awkward walk going to Sakura High.

After putting your things away in your locker, you headed to class without seeing Alois and Ciel running up from behind and into the class (Alois was slightly faster and slightly more motivated than the smaller one).

You sat down at your desk with a small sigh and tossed your book bag behind your chair and taking out the homework from the bag sack of sadness. 

"Why would you agree to let him into the house! We can't trust him!" Alois growled, slamming a hand on your desk. Your slouched form didn't budge. Ciel walked over and placed a hand on your shoulder.

"For once I agree with Trancy," he replied, glaring at his rival for a brief moment. "We may be accusing someone for nothing."

"The evidence adds up. Ronald told me everything. Even the goddess thing... or something like that," you responded briefly. Brianna looked up at the two guys from her phone, but buried her head back into the device.

"Well, I'm going with you to the flower shop!" Alois announced loudly. A few classmates looked over with confused looks, but returning to their conversations. 

"No, I want to go by myself. Ronald gave me the address. I swear I'll be fine," you said as the teacher walked in. Alois and Ciel eyed you skeptically, and returned back to their seats. 

"Big news!" The teacher cheered with a grin on her face. "Starting tomorrow, no uniforms!"

And the class rejoiced.