Chapter 6: Nightmare Fuel

You had been living in Asura's hideout for a week. Aiko developed another eye identical to her father's. She now had practically all three of Asura's ruby eyes. But she was still your precious little girl. Asura was not here at the moment. He had gone back to the cabin in search of your belongings. Aiko was currently sleeping in your arms as you sat on your bed.

Thump.

"Hm?" Off at the far corner of the room, you heard what sounded like something soft hitting something hard. You just assumed it was Aiko's teddy bear falling off the shelf and onto the floor.

Chick. Swish. Chick. Swish. Chick. Swish.

It sounded like something was dragging itself with its claws. You heard a voice that was familiar. It was laughing. It came into the light. It was the thing from your nightmares when you stayed with Arachne. You held your sleeping baby close as the thing came closer and closer. It stood up in front of you and began to sing the song it sang when he was in the nightmare. Only you could figure out what it was singing.

Everybody gather 'round the shovel

Spin in a spiral form

Ho, ho, it's a happy song

Gore, soil, decay, and more

Everybody, now, we'll sing together

Louder and louder, more

Ho, ho, it's a happy song

We all fall down

Panic filled your body as the ground below the bed you were sitting on caved in. Aiko wasn't in your arms, it was in the demon's hands. You screamed as you fell below the surface. It smiled as it looked over to your child, who was now crying. It opened its mouth wide before eating and swallowing Aiko whole.

"AIKO NO!!!!!!!!!" you screeched as you fell into your own coffin. The lid fell on top and was hammered into the coffin. Again, you were terrified of being buried alive. You screamed as you heard dirt hitting the coffin. You banged your fists against the lid, getting a few splinters.

"LET ME OUT NOW!!!!!!!"

You heard its laugh. It's twisted laugh. It called out your name in the laughter. Then again, but with less laughter. Again, but it sounded like two voices mixed together, and there was no more laughter.

"(Y/N) wake up!" it called out. It sounded like a completely different voice. Asura's voice. Your eyes shot open, only to see Asura hold Aiko and shaking your shoulder. His eyes were filled with worry. Your speeding heartbeat and sharp breaths returned to normal. Tears were falling down your cheeks. Asura sat on the edge of the bed.

"Are you okay?"

"I-I think so. I was just... S-So scared..."

Asura stroked your hair. You wiped away a tear.

"It's okay. You're safe here," Asura said in a reassuring way. You just smiled. You were happy he was here with you. You would practically be lost here. You kissed him softly. It was a good thing he was with you. But you stopped and stared at him, amazement in your eyes.

"Your soul... isn't a kishin's anymore... It's pure..."

Asura's eyes widened.

"You're telling me I've been purified?!"

"Yes!"

Asura smiled and hugged you. You hugged back.

"It's all thanks to you. You were some sort of purifying effect." (See what I did there?)

You smiled brightly as you rested your head on his shoulder. It was great he wasn't a kishin anymore. You couldn't have been happier.