Chapter 5: Another Escape

You looked up. Asura had caught you with his scarves. He pulled you up and held you close.

"We're leaving now," he said as he flew off. Kid fired at the two of you, but Asura made a red shield to protect you. You held you're crying child close as you and Asura, again, escaped another battle. After a few hours, you were at Asura's old hideout in the mountains. When you went inside, it was actually more tidy than expected. It was just you and Asura and Aiko now. Eruka, Free, everyone else had apparently run off. You were just glad that it was peaceful again. You wanted your child to be raised in peace.

"There is only one bed right now. Since I know that nobody will be at the cabin, I'll try to get some of our belongings. You have to be here to watch over little Aiko," he said. He sat on the bed and took the crying child.

"Hush now little Aiko. We're okay, there is no need to cry," he said softly as he gently held her tiny hand, rubbing it with his thumb. Aiko ceased her crying and looked up at her father. You sat next to Asura and looked over the small baby, noticing something. What looked as though a small cut was on her forehead.

"She has a cut, possibly from the fall," you said as you examined it closer. Although, upon closer inspection, it wasn't a cut. But you didn't know what it was.

"It's an eye. A third eye. Since she is my daughter, she obviously has some features similar to mine," Asura said. It made sense. And it clearly wasn't developed yet. But you became a bit worried, due to the fact people were hunting for you and didn't know that you had a child, so that could possibly put Aiko's life in danger. Asura kissed you.

"Don't worry (Y/N). I swear on my life that I will protect you and Aiko. I promise," he said, holding you close. You sighed as you melted into his gentle embrace. You were proud that you had Asura, and he was proud he had you. You were both proud to be together.

To be together as a family.