Before I had a chance to reply Rex was pushing my hands away from the darn jacket and unjamming the zipper like a professional. "No, I'm bringing her home." His gruff voice carried across the hall loud enough for her to hear while I stood frozen in place. He was zipping up my jacket for me-

       "I fucking swear, Rosalyn. How do you even get dressed in the mornings?" He grumbled under his breath, but smoothed the jacket gently down my shoulders anyway.

       I shrugged, but didn't bother dropping my smile. Sure, he was grumpy most of the time, but I was starting to realize what he said was true. That it wasn't me he was angry at. Slowly, but surely.

       "I put one pant leg on at a time."

       Rex raised an eyebrow at my teasing tone, and I couldn't help the blush that rose to my cheeks. Those dark eyes of his just did funny things to my insides. He sighed a moment later and before I knew it, his heavy arm was slinging across my shoulders and pulling me into his side.

       Actually, if I really thought about it, ever since Friday Rex had been putting his arm around me every chance he got. Not that I was complaining or anything, it was just a ginormous shift from his usual 'I'm not going to even look at Rose' self. And I loved it. "Let's go Roza, or we're going to be late." His voice was a low grumble as he pulled me out the door and towards the sleek black car waiting in my driveway.

       "Bye Luce!" I called back into the house before Rex was pulling me down the steps. Funny, I didn't even think he would care if he was late to anything.

       "We're not riding with Trey and the others?" I asked as he dropped his arm from around my shoulders and unlocked the car.

       "No."

       "No?"

       "No." He confirmed before opening the passenger door for me, his eyes still hard. I didn't bother pushing the subject. I learned my lesson from last time. But that didn't stop the blush that had graced my cheeks earlier from returning full blown as I slid into the passenger seat, a goofy smile tugging at my lips.

       Rex had held the door open for me- Why did that make me feel like flying?

-&-

       The first half of the day was uneventful. Except, of course, for third period. Rex was already sitting in his usual seat and staring up at me curiously as I slid into the desk next to his. The students around us had gotten over the initial shock of the brave, stupid girl who would dare sit next to the Rex Turner. But that didn't stop the gossip mills that went around the school.

       I tried not to listen to them, and surprisingly it was rather easy. No one knew who I was, not really. I was just the chick that was suddenly always hanging around the Big Four. They didn't even know my name. I was just the Big Four's little puppy dog follower. And we haven't even been friends for a whole week.

       "Hi." I mumbled up to the dark eyed, gorgeous guy sitting next to me as a shy smile tugged on the corner of my lips. I watched as that hard mask of his softened until the corner of his mouth lifted in a tiny smile.

       "Hey, you."

       My smile only grew when Rex's cold eyes melted into that dark chestnut I loved so much. And for some reason, when he greeted me with that "Hey, you"- fireworks erupted in every ounce of my body. I tried to ignore the heat that flamed through my whole body, but it was hard.

       I practically stared at him all throughout class. It was rather embarrassing really, and I'm sure he could feel my eyes on him the entire time. But whenever he would turn his head to glance down at me, I quickly looked away- but not before turning as red as a tomato.