Chapter 9

Hey guys

Please Comment, Vote and Follow!

UPDATED/EDITED: Again I have edited this, but there still might be some errors or funky sounding sentences. If you see anything wrong, don't be shy! Please point it out so I can fix it.

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 9

       Dad was in his office and on the phone when I slipped my shoes on and walked quietly down the stairs. He would probably be busy for most of the night, and I didn't bother telling him I was leaving.

       I would be back before he was done. Believe it or not, my dad was the CEO at his very own company. They did something with cars- I think, but I never paid enough attention to notice, and that was mainly because he never talked about it.

       At home, it was 'family' time, or at least that's what he liked to say. But sometimes, he would be stuck in his office for hours and barely came out to see the light of day. Dad had a lot of money, there was no denying that, but we never really used it.

       As a matter of fact, our house was a modern two story that held four bedrooms in a middle-class neighborhood. All the money he made went to Luce's current, and my waiting, college fund. He didn't believe in greed, or over-spending and hardly ever used his income for personal reasons. I respected that about him.

       I closed the front door softly behind me and hurried down the porches steps. It was a short walk to Trey's house, and I enjoyed the cool afternoon breeze as it blew pass me. I smiled, it was mid-October and winter was just around the corner. I was excited. I loved the cold, and the snow. The white on the ground and trees cast a pure haze over corrupt things, like a slate wiping itself clean. I wished that were true.

       I squeezed Rex's jacket to my chest, like I could memorize his scent with that simple gesture. I liked Tate's hoodies, but they never smelled anywhere as good as Rex's. I never wanted to let the worn-down leather go, but I knew I couldn't keep it. It wasn't mine, Rex wasn't mine. No matter how badly I wished he was.

       I paused at the end of Trey's driveway, my eyes wide as they gazed up at the two-story home. Never in my entire life did I ever think I would be at the Trey Maguire's house, much less his friend. I could feel the blood drain from my face. I was friends with Trey Maguire, with the Big Four- with Rex. How in the h-e-double hockey sticks did that happen?

       I clutched his jacket tighter to my chest and took in a heavy breath before walking up his driveway and onto the porch. It was cute, really. There was a sofa-swing and a couple of cushioned chairs that made me smile. But I was just stalling. I shook my head and let out a defeated sigh before ringing the doorbell.

       At this point, I honestly wanted one of Trey's parents or siblings to answer the door. I could just give them the jacket and tell them I borrowed it from Trey's friend and then leave without a problem. I didn't want to see that worry on his face, or explain everything that happened. I just wanted to forget about it, not relive it.

       "I got it!"

       My breath hitched as that familiar voice shouted from behind the door, but before I could drop the jacket and make a run for it the door opened. I froze. "Hey, look man, I'm sorry we did that to your car. It won't happen again- Roza?"

       I stared in wide eyed horror at Rex who stood in the door way with a shocked expression on his face, one that probably matched my own. All I could think of was our conversation in the car and the kiss I pressed to his cheek. I dropped my gaze to the floor as heat suddenly enveloped my entire face. So much for avoiding him.