Chapter 26

Hey guys!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 26

The TV was on and blaring some football game the boys were all staring intently at, but not me. I wasn't even look at the plasma screen as they all hoot and hollered. Instead I was staring blankly at the wall, biting the tip of my thumb, and kicking my legs back and forth against the couch slowly. 

"God, stopping kicking your feet Rosie." Jax grumbled from next to me as he ran his fingers through his thick blonde hair. "You're giving me anxiety."

"Sorry." I mumbled softly as I brought my feet up and tucked them under me. I don't want to make him worry, but my worry was making me very much on edge. He let out a sigh before his heavy hand ran up and down my back soothingly.

"Don't worry, kid." Brett said from my other side as he reached up and patted my head, just like the child he continued to think I was. "Rex is going to walk through that door any minute, just you watch." I nodded as he thumped my chin with his knuckle before going back to the game.

I wanted to believe him, I really did, but Rex has been gone for two days already and no one could get ahold of Trey. The hospital had released me the next morning after the whole "incident", but Trey never came back like I thought he would, and he never came back with Rex. I was starting to get very worried, and the panic that came with the worry was never good.

"Are you hungry Rose? You want me to make you something?" Jax asked softly at my side, his warm and reassuring hand never leaving the middle of my back. He hadn't left me when we got back from the hospital, actually none of them did, except for, well, Trey. They had taken me back to Rex's apartment, partly because I asked, but mainly because they were all convinced it was what Rex wanted. Jax had actually slept in Rex's room with me, but on the floor, and the Dimajio's had both fought over the couch in the living room.

"No thank you. I'm not really hungry." He was leaning back against the couch almost lazily, but I could feel the icy stare his bright blue eyes were casting at my back at my words. He didn't believe me.

"You said that this morning."

"I wasn't hungry then either."

He let out a heavy sigh and leaned forward until his shoulder was touching mine. "Rosie, bae, you need to eat. You didn't have a lot yesterday either." I shrugged my shoulders and dropped my eyes to the ground as Brett's attention turned towards us. He didn't know I hadn't been eating, and I just knew he would tell Trey when he got back. And then Trey would tell Rex, and then I would be in a lot of trouble.

"My stomach's upset Jax. I don't want to eat anything."

"It's upset because you're stressing too much. You're either going to eat, or I'm making you. I have a feeling lover boy won't be too happy when he finds out you haven't been either." I pouted as he tapped the side of my head and stood up with a long stretch.

"When I find out what?" My head snapped up so fast at the sound of his voice, I was surprised I didn't hurt myself. Rex was looking over at Jax with a scowl on his face as he twisted the key out of the door handle before he hung it up on the hooks by the door.

I didn't give Jax a chance to answer before I jumped off the couch and launched myself at an unsuspecting Rex. Honestly, I didn't know what I was going to do when he finally did come home, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that. "Whoa Roza." He grunted as I threw all of my body weight onto him. I wrapped my legs tightly around his waist, and my arms even tighter around his neck until I was clinging onto him like a vine for dear life.