Cold

(Written by MattyWantsToBattle )

Snow was falling down from the sky.

It caused a shiver to trail down Mark's back, him shoving the beanie on his head further down.

He'd ran.

That was just it, he'd ran, and now here he was, barely contained sobs thumping through his chest and tears freezing down his cheeks.

Mark shuffled, feet already almost numb from the cold.

An icy breath escaped him, whole body shaking lightly as the cold air rubbed his face raw and red.

And then he dropped to his knees.

Mark bit into his lip, raising his gloved hands to cover his face.

"Hey, are you ok?"

It's a moment before Mark could incline his head.

No, he was not okay. He hurt.

That was just it. He'd gone through shit, but it had been too much the night previous, and he'd ran as far and as fast as he could.

Now Mark was here, about to die from the cold that was causing his breathing to go tight and causing his thoughts to barely be coherent even for him.

Mark didn't really care that he was dying.

But the man standing above him, green hair pushed barely out of his eyes, looked worried enough for the both of them.

Mark hugged himself, shaky exhale coming out of him. He tried to speak, but all that came out was coughs that wracked his whole body and caused him to shudder.

Suddenly, the man was helping him up.

"It's ok, it's ok... Come on, my house is really close by, I can take you there."

Mark felt a sense of fear suddenly, trying a bit to weakly push the other off.

"D-Do-on-n't... h-hur-r-rt m-me-e... p-pl-ple-eas-se..." He tried, words stuttered and slurred.

The man who was helping him pursed his lips, silently trying to help the cold and sick other to his house.

"What happened to you...?"

-------------------------

Mark felt a wash cloth on his forehead, heat penetrating through his skin and causing him to finally be able to flex his now ungloved fingers.

He'd been going in and out of consciousness for a few hours now, but the stranger who'd found him diligently cared for him until he'd finally awoken for real.

Mark sat up slowly, trying to swallow. His throat felt dry, tongue thick. What had happened...?

Oh right...

Mark's chest tightened a bit, before suddenly a voice sounded from behind him.

"You're finally awake?"

He looked up, rubbing at his chocolate eyes.

The green haired man stopped drying the cup in his hands, frowning.

"Why are you apologizin'? I saw ya out there and I wanted to help ya."

Mark wasn't used to kindness anymore, frowning as he watched the other.

".. alright, my name's Jack."

Mark swung his feet off the side of the couch, frowning lightly."... I'm Mark."