Realization

"Alright is everyone ready to go?" My mom screams through the house snapping on her earrings. Of course I would be the only one waiting on everyone else when I haven't even been to church in a couple of years. I wore a red apple satin dress. Red hoop earrings that complimented my look while my hair fell down naturally. Black boots kissed my feet and legs hiding any accessible skin that should be hidden. There was one thing I knew about church and that's some people like to take advantage of the fact they haven't seen you for years then they take that as an entrance to try and bring you back because they miss you. Im not going to come back I'm going because I love spring and she knows what she wants and I will follow and support her just as she would for me. "Alright church starts in 20 minutes, everyone needs to be in the car in the next 12 minutes!" My mother shouts slipping on her heels. Suddenly my door swings open and Spring walks out in a fashionable blue tux. "Wow.. You look very sexy in that blue Ms. Rose" I compliment her before straightening out her tie. Spinning me around she wraps her arms around me "And you Ms. Fall look beautiful as always" She compliments back. Pressing her lips onto mines she smiles "So are we ready to go?". "Yes I hope so if not I'm going to leave their asses" My mother scowls irritated storming to my sister's bedroom door banging on the door then swinging the door open to her and my dads room. "Damn She seems pissed baby" Spring says chuckling. "Yeah that's my mother, when she's ready to leave be ready because she will leave you, that is no joke". I explain before taking her hand leading her out to the family Royce. "A Royce?" She question admiring the car. "Family car" I explain. "You think you can ask your mom if I can give it a spin one of these days before we go back soon?" She ask. I chuckle "I'll see but she isn't to profound on letting others drive her "baby" I emphasize. Spring giggles "I can see why it's one hell of a car". "Tell you what if you go to church and make the pastor laugh just one time then we will see what I can do". "Make the pastor laugh?" She questions confused. "Yeah he hasn't laughed in like 45 years.. since his wife passed we all tried to make him laugh and it never works but my love.. your are hilarious". I explain to her before pulling on her tux. She cracks a smile "Alright for you I'll make him laugh if it works... cause I'm not a miracle worker here". "I'm almost confident it will work because my mom signed you up to sing the second song in lead". Springs face turns pale "Are you serious?". "Uhhhh... she wasn't joking baby". "Well shit... I thought she was joking I have stage fright" she explains running her fingers through her hair. "Baby look at me" I explain to her. Standing on my tippy toes I whisper into her ear "When you sing baby just think about me.. happy thoughts, okay?". She nods before my family comes walking out of the house all dressed up. "Don't stop now... you already started so finish whatever you were doing" my sister babbles on. Rolling my eyes I explain "For your information Spring has stage fright and mom over here signed her up to sing in front of thousands of people.. she might have a damn heart attack!". "Oh shut the hell up girl, she'll be just fine with that beautiful voice, if she sings one note I'm sure everyone will shut up from all that dumb prancing acts they always come up with" my mom explains before my sister burst out into clear laughter. "Mom that's not funny those people actually go there to pray and forgive, they dance to wash their sins away" I explain. "It doesn't say In the scripture that dancing washes away your sins" my mom says. "Momma please get in the car, so damn mean" I say before turning back around facing Spring who was clearly holding in laughter. Cracking a smile I say "Don't listen to her she's just mad because we're 14 minutes late to church" I explain. "Alright everyone in the car now we are beyond late". Giving one last kiss on the lips we all get in boarding up into the car.

The last time I saw this church was probably 6 years ago. Since then it hasn't dramatically changed much probably a few minor upgrades to have more seats to fill up the place. It seemed to really become packed once we walked in. A few people from the begging greeted us all before we made our way to some seats. The place was packed! Clearly filled with children, old people, young people. "This church is like a stadium" Spring said as she looked around the place in astonishment. "It's nice of course, a few minor upgrades" I explain to her. "So tell me why did you stop coming?" She ask. "Well I stopped coming because of the pastor of-course; when everyone found out I was a lesbian, He tried to turn me back, telling me that I needed to be blessed from all these dark sins". "Did it work?" She whispers as the services began. "No it never did if anything it ran me away from here, leading me straight to you". Smiling she grabs my hand interlocking our fingers.