"Uhhhhhhh okay?" I was kinda dumbfounded at his request, but figured there was enough logic behind it.

The unnamed man bent down to give me easier access to his back. I instantly noticed how warm he was, it was the most comfortable thing ever, like a human heater.

Once I was on, he bolted out of the room across to a hallway with a door leading to the front yard. He jumped down the set of stairs and landed with a splash onto a puddle that hadn't quite dried up yet.

"My name is Ray, by the way." He said as he began to walk across the yard.

I was too focused on the sun, though. It was the first time in a while I had seen the sun in full. I forgot how nice its warmth felt.

"Ray, what were you doing in there?" I asked, finally realizing he wasn't in there to save me, he was in there for something else.

"Don't worry about it, raven." Ray said with a sigh.

"Wait what?" I asked.

"Well, you never told me your name. So I had to improvise. Your hair is black, like a raven." He explained.

"So is yours, but you don't see me calling you ink." I responded.

We shared a good laugh, everything felt alright. Until I heard it. The last thing I wanted to hear.

"YUICHIRO!"

The scream was so loud I'm sure people 100 miles away could've heard it. I could only imagine the way he looked right now. His fucked up eyes were probably the darkest they ever were.

I still had no clue why they did that. And hopefully I won't be around him again long enough to ask.

"Is that your name?" Ray asked me.

"Ray, run. Right now. Mika knows." I couldn't bring myself to be louder than a whisper. I was scared out of my mind about what would happen if he caught me now.

He just stood there, looking completely oblivious to the world.

"I SAID RUN!"

He was pulled out of whatever trance he was in and sprinted off the property and into the woods.

I was panicking an unbelievable amount and just couldn't take it anymore. My heart felt like it was going to explode. My shallow breaths were starting to catch up with me as everything began to fade out to nothing but the sound of crunching leaves.

How long was I really there for?
...

"Yuu, hey. Yuu. YUU!" I was jerked awake by Ray, still on his back. Looking up, I could see the stars, along with a FaT moon illuminating the night.

"How long as it been since we left?" I asked, unable to look away from the beauty of the night sky.

"It's been a few hours. We're pretty far ahead of him. We should be safe here." He cocked his head towards a medium sized cabin I had failed to notice.

"Oh, that's not suspicious." I joked, "You're not a serial killer, right?"

"Nope." He chuckled, "But, I suppose if it ever came down to it... I could be."

I let myself fall from his back and walked behind him into the cozy looking house. Ray walked down a small hall before entering a room with a large bed. It was a lot different than Mika's. The pillow cases were gray, and the comforter had an interesting forest design.

"Sit." He said while tapping the bed.

I complied without hesitation. All of my mussels seemed to tighten up before finally letting loose.

"I'll go see if I have anything that might fit you. Just stay here." Ray said before walking off to another room.

This place is much nicer on the inside.

Soon enough, he returned with a white T-shirt and gray shorts, "I've outgrown these, they might fit you, they might not." He shrugged.

Honestly, the pajamas I was in felt like heaven. Mika may be fucking crazy, but the man knows his clothes. But I didn't really want to wear something I've been in for god knows how long.

I quickly changed into the outfit and relaxed into the bed. It wasn't dark, I wasn't afraid, I wasn't paranoid. It was the first time in a while I could really unwind. Even if the bed wasn't as nice, or the clothes were basic... I felt at ease.

"So tell me how you and the Mikaela Shindo came into contact. Based on his... commitment to you, I'm assuming you're not exactly just friends." Ray asked me casually.

I turned to face away from him, thinking about the situation in whole.

I could never escape what happened.

Even if the situation ends, even if it's years after, I'll still be trapped in it. Nothing is going to take away the pain from what happened.

"I don't want to talk about it." I said solemnly, "long story short, he's obsessed with me to the point he'll do anything."

"Like... love?" Ray asked quizzically.

"His fucked up idea of it." My voice was stiff. Mika wasn't ever going to leave my life. People would bring it up, just like Ray did, weather I want them too or not.

"I can only guess, but what he did probably wasn't very loving." He pushed his dark hair back.

"You have a lot of the same coloration as me." I attempted to change the subject.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. Sorta." He shrugged.

Ray laid down on the bed next to me. I turned my head to look at him and found him staring at me intensely.

"I'm glad you found me." I said out of nowhere.

"Yeah," he smiled, "I am too."

"You're the only one I can be around without being anxious. You're the only one I can really relax around." I sighed,

"Well, that's ok. I'll never let anyone hurt you. I'll never leave you either, so it's ok. Depend on me." He touched my arm gently.

I couldn't help but stiffen. Ray's warmth still threw me off. It made me just want to cuddle up to him. That thought was only because he was warm, but the more I thought about it the more I really did end up wanting to be close to him.

Eventually, Ray ended up being the one to move closer and pull me into his chest, his face completely submerged in my hair, "You can push me away." He mumbled.

I thought about it for a while, but couldn't bring himself to do it, it felt too fantastic.

Before I could even realize what happened, we fell asleep like that. I felt unrealistically happy.

Maybe he's the one?
...

*weird doubting noises*

Bet.

Also, this seems to be the week everyone just wants to talk about my psycho ex. Like no. I don't want to talk about him. Kindly fuck off. It's probably because he's resurfaced into society after like 2 months.