admittance&apologies

Start from the beginning

"It doesn't matter. I just need to know when either of them will be back."

"We've already been over this: I don't know," Jimin muttered, rolling his eyes. "And then I asked you what you needed."

Yoongi followed suit, also rolling his eyes. "And I already told you that you can't help."

"Yeah, so just tell me what it is."

Yoongi scoffed. "You're so goddamn persistent."

Jimin stepped back, suddenly bored of the conversation. "Fine then, leave." He desperately scanned Yoongi's face for any sign of a reaction, but it was perfectly blank. "But remember that when I saw you struggling, I offered to help."

"Is that why you're doing it? So you can hold it over me later?"

"I think you're going to be the one holding it over yourself," Jimin said. His voice didn't contain a single note of malice; it was too early in the morning for that. Instead he spoke authentically and with candour. He genuinely thought that Yoongi was desperate and needed his help.

Yoongi turned his back, angrily storming away for a couple steps. Just as Jimin started to close the door, he paused. Jimin held back a laugh as Yoongi turned to face him again. "Can you sing?" He asked, lowly.

Against his control, Jimin found himself smirking. "You mean other than my auto-tuned voice?"

"Fuck this," Yoongi spat, turning on the spot and continuing to walk away.

"Wait, wait, wait," Jimin shouted after him. Yoongi ignored him. "Yoongi, please, stop," Jimin said again, racing after the escaping boy.

Yoongi continued to ignore him, and so Jimin had no choice but to race towards him and grab his arm to slow him down. Yoongi twirled in his grasp, shaking him off. "I don't like being touched," he announced curtly.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," Jimin held up his hands to show surrender. "Let me help you," he said, lowering his voice and batting his eyelashes. It was a trick that usually worked for him.

Yoongi was apparently immune because he scrunched his face in distaste. "Why are you so desperate anyway?"

"I don't have anything else to do. I don't want to spend my day off alone in my room," Jimin answered truthfully.

Yoongi gave him a look like he was crazy, before facing the ground and nodding. He pulled at one of his sleeves. "Fine. Under one condition."

"What?"

"Next time you see Jin you have to tell him how nice to you I was. Oh, and no more being a smart-ass."

Jimin blinked. "That was two."

"Jimin!"

Jimin bit his lip at the realisation that he'd already broken one of the two rules. "Okay, okay, sorry let's go," he raced out of the building, giddy to get started. He hopped around on the spot, waiting for Yoongi at the door.

When Yoongi finally reached the overjoyed boy, he looked him up and down, once, twice, three times, before—

"What? What is it?" Jimin urged.

"Aren't you going to change out of your pyjamas?"

Jimin huffed, as if only realising now that he'd just rolled out of bed. "Fine, wait for me right here. Don't you dare leave without me." And with that Jimin bolted back inside the building to get ready for the day.

" And with that Jimin bolted back inside the building to get ready for the day