admittance&apologies

four ; jimin

Jimin was tired

Jimin was tired. The exhaustion infused his bones and the weariness pounded against his heart. The feeling seeped into his skull and settled there.

And yet, when Sunday - his only day off - rolled around, Jimin wasn't as ecstatic as everyone else. His parents had cancelled on him at the last minute due to his brother spraining his ankle and having to go to hospital. And so, while everyone was going out and having fun, Jimin was staying holed up in his room with nothing to do.

Consequently, when someone pounded on his door at 11 in the morning, Jimin hopped out of bed to open it. The disappointment filled Jimin's eyes and threatening to spill out as tears. He cleared his throat.

"Yes?"

Yoongi leant towards him, peeking behind him into the room. "No, no, no," he muttered to himself.

While he collected his thoughts, Jimin took the chance to look, to really look, at the boy in front of him. His skin was rosy, as if he'd run here, and a light sheen of sweat coated his forehead. His eyes were wide, desperate almost. His lips were red and chewed. He was in a tatty grey jumper; it's sleeves hung past his fingers in a way that almost made Jimin blush for thinking it was cute.

"Where's Taehyung?" Yoongi asked, still glancing behind Jimin into the room.

"Out."

"When will he be back?" Yoongi finally looked back from the room and made eye contact with Jimin. It was strange, Yoongi talking to him like a person. Other than his very first day here, Yoongi had completely ignored Jimin's existence. He seemed to either be on the other side of the room or leaving it whenever Jimin entered.

"Taehyung?" Jimin asked with a gravelly voice, still half asleep.

Yoongi looked away. "Yes, Taehyung."

"I don't know."

For a second such a deep, visible anger rattled through Yoongi, that Jimin flinched. He cleared his throat and hoped that Yoongi hadn't noticed. "Why do you need him?"

"Not him, specifically. Jeongguk could work as well, I think? Where is he?"

"Meeting friends. What do you need?" Jimin didn't know why he was being nice. If this was happening on his first day here, after the way Yoongi had spoken to him, Jimin would've slammed the door in his face by now. "I can help," he added cautiously.

It wasn't his fault. Whenever Jimin saw anyone in need, he personally made it his mission to help them. Jimin could tell that Yoongi was clearly in need because of the worry lines on his forehead, and the way he seemed unable to stay still.

"No, not you."

"Why?" Jimin heard himself ask, his entire being filling with shame afterwards. He probably seemed so pathetic to Yoongi.