Chapter 16

I felt cold hands grip my shoulders tightly, yanking me off of a smirking Tylek. The person pushed me into someone who wrapped their arms around my waist protectively. “You bloody bastard!” I yelled at him, trying to get back at him.

“You sure did get a feisty one, Blake,” Tylek taunted, turning to Blaze who glared at him.

“Blaze, Tylek. It’s Blaze,” his cousin spat.

Tylek shook his finger at Blaze. “That’s a nickname.”

“I don’t care,” Blaze hissed. “You will obey me. You may be family, but I am still future High King.”

“Blaze, Tylek, enough! What is going on between Skye and Tylek?” the King’s voice boomed, echoing around the main foyer.

Blaze sighed in frustration. “When Skye was at the Slave Center she found a young girl around eight years old. She-“

“I found that girl crying,” I interrupted, glaring at Tylek with pure hate and disgust. “She was crying so I comforted her. We were in the same room before we got auctioned off. She relied on me like an older sister or even a mother, and when I got sold to Blaze and she was being auctioned she had jumped off the platform to try and get to me. Unfortunately they took her back and this bastard bought her. I watched him slap her across the face.”

“She deserved it,” Tylek defended himself.

“She’s eight!” I snapped, trying to kill him with my eyes. Then I remembered someone was holding me and looked back to see Zeth who grinned back at me when he saw me looking. I gave him a small smile back.

Blaze glared at Zeth, and his best friend immediately released me. He then turned to his cousin and asked, “Is she here with you?”

Tylek snorted. “Ha. Do you really think I’d bring her here when I knew you had bought that whore,” he said with disgust, glaring at me.

“Don’t speak about my slave that way,” Blaze snarled, his hands balling into fist, and he looked at if he was ready to smash Tylek’s face in.

“Tylek, Blaze, stop arguing. It will get us nowhere. Now, Tylek, our servant Isabella will show you to your quarters,” the Queen intervened.

Tylek nodded. “Of course. Just let me wait for my slave,” he said with a smirk, giving me an evil look.

“You’re slave?” Zeth echoed.

“My apologies for taking so long, master,” a quiet voice spoke from the doorway.

My head snapped in the direction of the door, my eyes probably lighting up like Christmas lights. There in the doorway stood the small figure of a little girl, her blonde hair tangled and dull and her blue eyes had lost their shine. “Rosie,” I whispered, tears gathering in my eyes.

The girl gasped, staring at me in shock before a smile spread across her face and she was flying across the room towards me. I fell to my knees, opening my arms for her to dive into. My arms wrapped around her, crushing her to my body while her small arms wrapped themselves around my neck. I could feel her tears wet my skin and shirt as she buried her head into my neck and shoulder, but I didn’t care because my own tears were falling. I had finally gotten her back.

“I thought you said you didn’t bring her,” I heard Blaze say.

“I lied.”

“Skye,” she sobbed, holding me tighter.

“Shh, it’s okay, Rosie. I’m right here,” I soothed, rubbing her back.

She looked up at me, here blue eyes now having a spark in it. “I thought I’d never see you again!”